Shrek's Adventure London

lewumbrajumbos

I dont know if this has been brought up but all the mechanical parts of the bus have now been completely removed, as we visited today and were told it will never move again :-(

Well H&S went over all over the Southbank enormously (and without warning). A shame if that's their fix, the cracked floor and ceiling much be pretty bad. Ludicrous the weight and moment wasn't better considered in the first place.

I think it's also due to the fact that kids under a certain height couldn't ride it and it probably held up batching lead to less people per hour through the door.  

Some people I know actually prefer it not moving - as the film creates such movement anyway.  Reviews for the bus moment on TripAdvisor are still very strong.  

I think it's also due to the fact that kids under a certain height couldn't ride it and it probably held up batching lead to less people per hour through the door.

Indeed :ph34r: Plus the height restriction is no longer on the website.

Will probably make a lot of families/young children happier too! :)

• 8 months later...

Wasn't too impressed by Shrek's Adventure in all honesty, it relied far too much on screens for my liking and there was little in the way of animated figures, Shrek hardly made an appearance (aside from on screens - not much in person) and there wasn't even a scene in his house!

One of my least favourite things was the lack of creativity put into the whole attraction; many of the features are the exact same ones as those used next door (in the Dungeons)!

Examples of this are the "leech" chairs, the projected face of Shrek and the mirror maze... come on, put some new ideas in rather than reusing the same ones!

Some aspects were good (lighting effects) but, IMO, it's not great.

9 hours ago, Coaster Jamie said:

Wasn't too impressed by Shrek's Adventure in all honesty, it relied far too much on screens for my liking and there was little in the way of animated figures, Shrek hardly made an appearance (aside from on screens - not much in person) and there wasn't even a scene in his house!

Some aspects were good (lighting effects) but, IMO, it's not great.

Colour me unsurprised by this post.

One person's acceptable is another's awful... And let's be honest, things being 'acceptable' is half of the problems within the parks atm...

I've not bothered because the crux of the attraction literally doesn't interest me, and that the main technological draw of the whole thing doesn't work otherwise it destroys the building says it all about the project...