TPMs Resident DJ 2015/16

pluk

CHEESY TUESDAY

If you're lactose-intolerant, look away now! *ba-dum-tss* ;)

As a Fallout 4 player (you don't say!), I can safely say I've been introduced to 50s/60s music recently! I can only be thankful for the fact the Pip-Boy has a built-in radio (eg. being in a sticky combat situation with Atom Bomb Baby blaring through...or hastily stepping into your Power Armor and moving out the moment you hear The Wanderer playing)... :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hey hey hey!

I don't have a very good music taste, so I apologize in advance. 

MELLOW MONDAY

Being a full-on theme-park enthusiast (with barely any cares of anything else), I always listen to my favorite ride soundtracks. I promise that this is one of the only theme-park songs I have lined up for this.

I find it relaxing as it takes me back to a hard time back in 2013/4, I used to play this song to relax me. It's a weird connection, I know, but nothing is better to relax too.

o stop it u

MELLOW MONDAY - Some thing you like to relax to

This tune still has the same effect on me as it had last year, and the year before. I may not have been a cult follower of pendulum back when they were doing live shows and all, but their music is still some of the most emotionally inspiring stuff out there (but omg pendulum returns? ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้). But this tune in particular puts a trance over me that just puts me into an ultimate state of calm no matter what mood I was previously in. It's got me through a lot and I'm sure if I ever feel down this will always pick me back up.

CHEESY TUESDAY - Something you love, but maybe you shouldn't

This song may not be cheesy for it's sound, but the lyrics that are within have recently become a party essential for me (since returning from my brothers uni dorm where this is the equivalent to their national anthem). The lyrics pretty much describe, in detail, the average events that occur at parties these days and sometimes listening to this really makes me cringe. Especially when complimented by the video. But other times, when you're half drunk throwing watermelon at people, it's a great tune to bob up and down to.

WHATEVER WEDNESDAY - anything goes

So Get Free was pretty much one of the first EDM songs I properly liked. I remember hearing it in a shopping center when it was first released, and it pretty much helped boost my broad taste of EDM (rather then just DnB). The tune is one of Major Lazers better, more different ones, and is definitely up there with being their most original. It may be slow, have no bassline or good drum beat, but it's melodic glory. A good lean song.

THUMPING THURSDAY - dance dance dance

I had 2 equally perfect songs in mind for this. You can see the other one here.

I may have said it somewhere else, but Diplo is one of my favourite artists because of how randomly different he is. He captures some great elements of music and throws them in with other things never done before. Sometimes, this produces piles of crap (I.E. Bubble butt), but sometimes, this produces anthems of absolute glory. Like Be Right There.

SUPER SATURDAY - your hottest record in the world right now

Heard this for the first time coming back from Guilford with Peaj and TopsyTurvy15. Has very quickly become one of my favourite tunes. 

EDIT:

Thank you for chat buddies helping me sort this out. Copyright and yadiya means you can't watch the song on a seperate site to youtube, or in the UK. If the above link doesn't work, and you're so utterly desperate to listen to this song you might have to cry, then click the link below.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAfUitWQbwM

MELLOW MONDAY - Some thing you like to relax to. Ease the stress of the start of the week with something that helps you chill.

So, the song I have chosen I've come to realise is one of my favourite songs as of recent. However, I suppose it would be more fitting to be played on a Sunday  ;) 

It's just one of those tracks which are incredibly timeless and mellow which is why it gets its spot here for Mellow Monday!