Benin

The Small Parks Thread

I actually really liked Bellewaerde as a park. The theming throughout the whole park (especially at halloween) was exceptional. The operations, however, were terrible...

The coaster has quite an odd layout and a strange colour scheme but good to see the park are investing in a new coaster. Interestingly, the concept art above seems to display three different coloured trains, however I would be surprised if they were ever running it on all three trains, partly due to the short layout, however also due to their terrible operations.

I think the spike is at the end of the layout like on Fury. The lift hill right before must be the accelerating one then spike before rolling backwards into the brakes. Looks like a fun layout.

PowerPark are teasing their new coaster now, seemingly with an announcement due 3rd February (Monday)...

Much excitement!

Annnnd I can't justify double posting within an hour, so an edit to show a construction update:

Edited by JoshC.

Sadly wasn't an announcement, but just another teaser, which shows a backwards POV...

What this could mean is still anyone's guess. Entirely backwards coaster? Switch track? A voting system like Fury at Bobbejaanland?

Skyline Park, a park about an hour or so west of Munich, have announced that their Maurer Spike coaster - Sky Dragster - will not be returning.

Sky Dragster was the first Maurer Spike coaster, a coaster where you sit on a motorbike-like car on a single rail track, and control the speed at which you go round the course. It was weird. The ride model has been plagued with unreliability and other issues. Currently, the only other park to invest in the ride type is Mirabilandia in Italy, who invested in the a duelling pair as part of their Ducati-themed land. They have been even less reliable. The model is also set to appear on a Cruise Ship next year. So good luck there...

Skyline Park have a very good relationship with Maurer, so it's a shame to see them giving up on this. 

In other news, the park are opening a 466ft/142m Star Flyer this year; making it the tallest one in the world: https://www.parkerlebnis.de/skyline-park-2020-neuheit-hoechstes-kettenkarussell-weltweit-ankuendigung_107082.html

Farup Sommerland, Denmark, have released a POV on their new Vekoma Junior Boomerang. This is one of the first 'stretched out' layouts of these boomerangs, along with Volldampf at Tripsdrill:

This is also the same layout as the new Boomerang going to Energylandia, which will open in the Aqualantis zone. That one will seemingly feature a splashdown, being the first Boomerang to feature one.

Wakala is testing:

It's growing on me all the more. The ride starts off a bit tame and I'm still not sold on the spike / backwards section, but as an overall package it looks pretty darn good.

And the music is a proper winner.

The music here is honestly delightful, upbeat and suites the theme perfectly.

The ride itself doesn’t look like anything to write home about but I’m sure it will perfectly compliment what seems to be a decent enough park.

The spike section is so utterly pointless. Like, if you're gonna have a ride like this surely a more substantial backwards section such as Pegasus and Firechaser Express is the way to go?

Strange ride for a strange park.

1 hour ago, Benin said:

The spike section is so utterly pointless. Like, if you're gonna have a ride like this surely a more substantial backwards section such as Pegasus and Firechaser Express is the way to go?

Strange ride for a strange park.

Think, of the children, how cool it would be to going fast and straight towards the lake.

9 minutes ago, Glitch said:

Think, of the children, how cool it would be to going fast and straight towards the lake.

This is a family ride. Not a children's ride.

I'm sure children will love the spike and backwards sensation. It's quite unique to them. But you can give that same sensation and give it more of a purpose and make it a bit more entertaining for the whole family.

It doesn't help that they've already got another family coaster which, though fun, again is perhaps a little on the tame side for the general family audience.