Park Theming & Effects

richy2001

I can assure you that they have been working very well recently, they have obviously stopped now.

Tippicult! I am visiting THORPE PARK on 23rd June and Nemesis Inferno's effects are broken again! :PMini Rant.[/b]Can people actually write about the correct ride!Nemesis = Alton TowersNemesis Inferno = THORPE PARK

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there still some flamethrowers on the roof of the entrance to the park? (Over the turnstiles). I know they had them on for fright night - albeit for a very short time. I remember walking out to go home (:P) and there being a big burst of orange light. There were indeed flames coming off the roof every five minutes or so.I think it would make the entrance that bit more spectacular. Annoyingly it's probably only a late opening thing. It would add to thorpe blast though.Also, they could really do with tarting up the entrance bridge. Some fountains wouldn't go amiss, to replace the single hosepipe. It looks a bit feeble :P.(On second thoughts, they probably wouldn't be able to do that because of people using the lake. :D.)

Tippicult!

I think the word your looking for is Typical

Are there still some flamethrowers on the roof of the entrance to the park? (Over the turnstiles). I know they had them on for fright night - albeit for a very short time. I remember walking out to go home (:P) and there being a big burst of orange light. There were indeed flames coming off the roof every five minutes or so.

They're there all year round, they are just used during Fright Nights.

Something else, the Inferno volcano vent was ACTUALLY WORKING the other day. You know, that thing that's used as a litter bin at the top of the queue line steps. It may have been cold mist and not warm smoke as one would expect from a volcano, but nevertheless, it was working.I assume it's broken now.

Something else, the Inferno volcano vent was ACTUALLY WORKING the other day. You know, that thing that's used as a litter bin at the top of the queue line steps. It may have been cold mist and not warm smoke as one would expect from a volcano, but nevertheless, it was working.I assume it's broken now.

Yes, thank you "furiouspanda" thats what we have been discussing for almost 2 pages......

I would personally like to see the Gas Tank on Tidal Wave releasing burts of flames, main reason being Ive never seen it for real. I never visited during those years. I would also like to see the Water Tower on Tidal Wave working again.

When I was a young-en I remember seeing tidal wave and thinking how ridiculously tall it was, and the occasional burst of flames making me jump. Sadly neither the gas or water effects will return for a reason which I think has been posted about a million times.

Well, legend had it that the pipes supplying the gas were dug up during Project Stealth. It was busted before then, the builders finished it off.This is a very old picture:Posted ImageBefore I used to go to Thorpe I looked at pictures of it on the net, and thought "What IS that?!" - I also thought it was a buoy, you know, at sea. A big massive buoy.

It's cold mist. The other day I jumped up and looked down inside, teeny weeny jets of water come out.

It says on the top that we can give suggestions for new effects. I would like to see added on Rumba Rapids fountains that go over your head. (e.g. Like on the Fountain Finale on Bubbleworks at Chessington).However, If was on Rumba Rapids, I would not have it as long. Maybe a short 5 second thing as you come out the tunnel?Just an idea! :P

qa

Just thought of another one! :(I only go on Depth Charge once a year usually. But...You could put closed sections (tunnels) on Depth Charge to make the ride feel more "scary".That way, going from light to dark constantly can give the effect of you going more faster! :P

A tunnel would be good at the airtime sections :P it would give a head chopper effect :P