X

Garyy

I am not a big fan of spinning tunnels, but the idea could easily be developed to create something far greater. Perhaps a sequence like this for one of the break runs:For example, the train could stop on one of the break runs, enclosed in a small tunnel. A door shuts in front of you, seemingly locking you in (this could be achieved by lowering a themed door from above, stopping only slightly above the track). The whole tunnel then begins to rotate (the door as well, using a motor in sync witht he rest of the tunnel), and because everything you see is turning you don't get the problem that normal tunnels have. Also, since it started turning after you became locked in and you are not simply travelling straight through it, it adds an extra element of danger and uniqueness.

I like the idea but far to complex for such a ride, plus this would cause the ride to be closed for a rather long time I feel to produce somthing like you suggest! But the tidy up and new lights I totally agree with!I dont see what wrong with having a few lights and a couple of pannels throughout the ride to look like the workings of a computer!

They have the whole closed season to retheme it, that is long enough to install many effects. If Thorpe Park want an exciting dark ride, all they need to do is research, plan, think, spend and create.

I dont know weather you have noticed but the track is very close to each other so creating something along the lines you were thinking I dont think could go there but It would be a great thing to have but being thorpe park I very much doubt it. Thorpe park can show just how they can blow £60 thousand on stuff which mostly does not get used!

Yes, there does seem to be very little space in some places. If there is enough room (not all the break runs are that close to each other) and if it is possible, it would be great. However, it would mean having to restructure all the emergency exit platforms and fire escapes.One are that can definitely be improved is the first area, just after the leave the station and before you hit the lift hill. There is just nothing there, a total waste of space. The only good thing about it is that there are those felt covers that stop you from seeing behind you when in the station, before swinging out the way when the train is dispatched. You could pass a large industrial machine that appears to power the lift hill, with huge cogs and creaking sound effects. Accompanied with highly technical-looking equptment. The lift hill itself also needs to be themed, perhaps a bit like the Hulk's launch tunnel at Island's of Adventure.

They have the whole closed season to retheme it, that is long enough to install many effects. If Thorpe Park want an exciting dark ride, all they need to do is research, plan, think, spend and create.

Throughout the closed season, Thorpe Park has to time themselves well. As remember this year it's not all about retheming one ride. They've got to build a new attraction, put all the other rides into their annual repair and spruce up, and obviously have to do a lot more around the park, so it's not like they can just delegate themselves to doing a lot of theming on X : No Way Out, yes they might have a few months to do it, but along with everything else going on, they might not be able to do it all in time, and X : No Way Out is far from their priority for the 2011 season, although I believe that some of the effects that they do will be good, I don't think they have enough time to install all the effects that have been discussed, programme them and get it open in time for the first day of opening. X : No Way Out is a very tight area to work with as it is, so it must not be easy to do any additions. So the complex additions might no be what Thorpe will be looking into with X : No Way Out, and it'll probably be some "Quick Fix" effects,

Well, they have to do something with X sooner or later. Something that is going to last for the rest of X's lifetime. They can't keep putting it off for another year. This year did seem like the perfect year to do this, but with Storm Surge as well I doubt anything that major is going to happen.To be honest, I was surprised to hear that "X will be getting a retheme". They are being a bit ambitious doing it this year. Hopefully they are going to finish the construction of Storm Surge very soon (say, a few weeks after closing date). That way other jobs can be done faster, like theming the ride and maintenance and perhaps X's retheme?

Well, they have to do something with X sooner or later. Something that is going to last for the rest of X's lifetime. They can't keep putting it off for another year. This year did seem like the perfect year to do this, but with Storm Surge as well I doubt anything that major is going to happen.To be honest, I was surprised to hear that "X will be getting a retheme". They are being a bit ambitious doing it this year. Hopefully they are going to finish the construction of Storm Surge very soon (say, a few weeks after closing date). That way other jobs can be done faster, like theming the ride and maintenance and perhaps X's retheme?

It was the perfect thing they done, to relocate an existing ride, because it's not as hard to put it in, as it would be to create a brand new ride. So they should be finished with Storm Surge very shortly. When Thorpe Park says "X will be getting a retheme" it's rather debatable what they mean by "retheme' because Thorpe Park are never ones for theming, like the original theme for X : No Way Out was a computer virus, although when you're on the ride, you get no sense of that because most of the effects are broken, as with most other Thorpe Park rides none of the effects work, so I don't really think they're going to waste their time on a massiver overhaul when they're more likely to do something that will just let X : No Way Out live a bit longer, and also stop people throwing up, which I find really difficult to understand, out of all the rides people are throwing up on, X: No Way Out is a serious one? Although I almost trod in sick when exiting the ride, I still don't know how people can be sick on that ride, it's not exactly "Extreme".

It's odd how sick people get going backwards, you should see my mum on a train, and I suppose it's worse when you can't see where you're going. X:\ is always one of my favourite rides at Thorpe and it's such a shame how much it deteriates through out the season. It has so much potential but Thorpe always seem to do the bare minimum to keep it running.

It's the sad state of the world in which we live! I heard one girl come off it, if I translated successfully from the chavvy sprawl she was spewing, saying "oh, I did not realise it went backwards, how funny". Seems people like that tend to ride the first thing they see instead of checking what it may cause first :D

If people get sick going backwards, WHY would they go on a backwards rollercoaster? :L Do they not know anything -.-

Because some people don't get sick going backwards / do not know / are only affected by the roller coaster.Or people go on it just after eating, thinking it will be alright.Many reasons why people can be sick on such a coaster....

Because some people don't get sick going backwards / do not know / are only affected by the roller coaster.Or people go on it just after eating, thinking it will be alright.Many reasons why people can be sick on such a coaster....

I understand that if one or two people came off it being sick, but the amount of being sick on it, seriously there can't be that many stupid people.

I understand that if one or two people came off it being sick, but the amount of being sick on it, seriously there can't be that many stupid people.

Yes I'm sure before everyone goes on XNWO they get their crystal balls out and see if they are guna throw up. Seriously, not everyone knows if they can handle a ride or not.

The main thing in my opinion with the sick business is thorpe dont stress enough what the ride is! Is it the backwards bit of the ride or the darkness that makes people extremely sick?All I could think to do is to convert part of the train to go forward and the rest backward, for people who do not wish to go backward. (obviously this would never happen but this would reduce it)

The problem is that the trains going backwards was always meant to be a surprise. Now that they have signs telling you "This is the world's first backwards-in-the-dark-rollercoaster!" it ruins a main aspect of the ride. They also let you straight into the station before the train has arrived, so you see it roll into the station backwards anyway.Tricky one.

I feel they need to have signs all through the queue which fit with the theming stating 'Warning, this ride may agrovate nausa due to elements of the attraction including backwards sections! Those who suffer from easy nausa should not ride!' or something along those lines! the horror maze signs are usually always read by people and x needs to be one like that!

Surely vomit is not a large enough problem that any solution will ruin the ride?Some signs are necessary, yes. Perhaps they should make bigger, clearer signs that say "Do not ride if you easily suffer from motion sickness" or similar. But don't plaster them all over the place, you only need one or two at the entrance. Definitely not in the indoor queueline._________________________Does anybody else think that, if proper air conditioning was installed, the X indoor queue would make for a perfect set of preshow scenes, in the same format as Hex at Alton Towers? You could be sent inside in batches. It is a very long corridor, so you could have several sections themed up with new effects installed (at least fix the robot) that walk straight through. Maybe a bit of interaction with a live actor who sends you further inside a themed scene where you stop and watch a pre-show video describing the loose storyline (nothing tricky to follow or too long as we know the public don't pay much attention - just something to describe why the research facility is abandoned and what went wrong).Then you head further into the labs, where the decor around you becomes more delapidated, with flickering lights, leaking pipes and cracked walls (a bit like what it is like now really!). Different, more tense music in this area. You soon reach "the computer room" (perhaps located in that more open section where the queue zigzags upwards), where you see the huge supercomputer itself before you, fed with strange looking fuel tanks and connected with large tubes lit from inside, etc. Loud music and sound effects, as something goes wrong - make it very theatrical. The metal door blocking your escape on the other side of the room opens. The group heads away down the final section of the corridor (strobes, spark sound effects, air cannons) and into the lifts.The lifts could take you deep underground. They lifts could easily be restored, and updated with better effects and speakers to make them more realistic. There could even be some sort of power cut, making the lights cut out leaving you in pitch black, and the whole lift could violently shake for a few seconds. When the doors do roll open, you find yourself stuck part way between two storeys, with the ceiling upon exiting the lift quite low and the floor low too. You walk out into an open, dark, industrial room (the refurbished station), and board the trains that are waiting there for you.The track in front of you is lit, with arrows pointing forwards down it. Suddenly the lights cut out, a crash is heard, and the walls light up in computer error messages (?! :P ). A strobe is seen around the corner in the direction you thought you would be going, when suddenly the train is sent backwards instead and the ride begins.It would slow down throughput and mean that the ride would not be suitable for disable passengers (unless they come through the exit and enter the station upon a ramp). However, I think a big build up sequence would add that much needed "sense" that the ride lacks. The outdoor queueline would have to be considerably lengthened and rebuilt to cater for the loss of an indoor queueline, but it would at last make X a proper dark ride with added coaster sequence. (Instead of a long walk down a pointless corridor with a disappointing coaster at the end.) :P This is obviously not going to happen in 2011, but if the park wanted to spend time and money on X to keep it a solid ride once and for all, they will need to start thinking bigger.

It would slow down throughput and mean that the ride would not be suitable for disable passengers (unless they come through the exit and enter the station upon a ramp). However, I think a big build up sequence would add that much needed "sense" that the ride lacks. The outdoor queueline would have to be considerably lengthened and rebuilt to cater for the loss of an indoor queueline, but it would at last make X a proper dark ride with added coaster sequence. ? (Instead of a long walk down a pointless corridor with a disappointing coaster at the end.) :P This is obviously not going to happen in 2011, but if the park wanted to spend time and money on X to keep it a solid ride once and for all, they will need to start thinking bigger.

In there you've also added every reason why they won't do it.Theres more chance of them scraping X completely then them doing all that, I mean with the lifts and the low ceiling and floor, that would cost alot to do all of that...