X

Garyy

I just love to see 'remains' and 'left over bits' dotted around theme parks. I looked up whilst walking down the X No Way Out corridor and, just above the mirrored cabinet that used to hold the robot, I noticed this:Posted ImagePosted ImageI have probably seen it before (I do vaguely recognise robotic heads somewhere in that corridor), but it was a big surprise to find it just hanging there, unnoticed by everybody walking past, abandoned. What the hell is it anyway? :blush: They had UV-painted bits on them, such as the eyes, which glowed nicely in the remaining black light. You can see that two heads have been taken off it... Wonder where they are now? Shame there is not much original X theming around now that Hellgate has barged into the old queue and the remaining robot has been removed. It would be great to see old props or theming in a storage room somewhere, but they probably went in a skip. :P A lot of you will probably already know this is there. Does anybody know more about it or if there was anymore theming like this that has since been removed? I seem to remember the robot saying something and some air blasters from above (similar to the effect in Saw) giving everybody a surprise. The first time I rode X was in 2006, so I was was too late to witness many of the old effects, but I do remember that one.

I know many people don't like X or dont think its worth staying! But we all know it is staying for a good few years to come, and in my opinion if your to have a ride you are to keep it to standard no matter how popular or boring it is, you don't go to a posh resturant where the food is expensive, if the resturant is filthy do you? So its the same with X thorpe, you have it you keep it to a standard of the entrance price!!!Also all this talk about wanting to get rid of it, I think if that happened it would happen exactly the same a black hole at alton towers and being left for years with nothing inside!!!

Very true. I do think they are turning it around though, this year the theming has been far better maintained on all rides and is still working on most days. Remember they are re-doing the entire area in front of X, along with the new ride, and there are rumours of the new lighting inside the X building. Hopefully the ride will get a bit of TLC over winter?I do think it's sloppy though, to turn the lights on and expose all the dirt without doing anything to try to hide it!

I think the most we can expect is a couple of coloured lights just hung up around the roof, and maybe they will at least think about removing some of the dirt in there? especially as it's now all on show!I know everyone always says that 'maybe they will improve the ride this year', every year! We can live in hope can't we?

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have never been before guys, but after I read it was now run with the lights on, I was delighted to find that on Saturday, it was running in compelete darkness.None of the effects or theming that I have read about were evident, however. The only thing noticeable at all was the blue and pink lights in the corridors. The queuing is all inside as well, not outside and people being let in gradually like I have read?I really enjoyed the ride in the dark, it is GREAT fun and does not deserve the stick it gets. Someone in my party said it is better than Stealth - I think that's a little excessive, but as a first time experience I found it fantasic, but I love my coasters in the dark.

On Saturday, I had a great time on X No Way Out. The lights were on, but I am used to that now.The reason it was such a good improvment was that they were actually using the indoor queueline, like you saw, Tom. That gloomy corridor, as wasted as it is, is so much better than the tatty cattlepen outside. I hope they use it more often. :rolleyes:

There were no lights on inside the pyramid during the roller coaster ride when I rode on Saturday? Surely they can't have just been randomly off? This is very confusing! Perhaps they are turned on by the operator if they see young/low nausea tolerance people on the train? Whereas a group of 18-30 year old lads may be seen as likely to stomach it and the lights are off?

X should keep the lights on but I have the same colours as the queueline lights to be honest! How hard is it to go buy a disco light? They are only about £20 and it would make the whole ride so much more enjoyable!Plus on the topic of queueing inside and outside I love to queue inside but it can be really uncomfortable in the dark and when someone lets rip inside!

I thought I might as well post this on here in case anybody does not already know or want to see the photos retrieved (I wrote this on TTF). :rolleyes:

The robotic-like dummies were taken from X's old queueline' date=' here are archive photos of Freak Show 3D showing them. For those who don't know, Freak Show 3D took over the disused part of X's old queue before it became Hellgate. Whilst FS3D retained X's old theming, I am guessing that it was all torn out for Hellgate. :D The last one shows the tunnel during FS3D, you can still see the "x"s along the barriers.[img']http://web.archive.org/web/20071009074444/http://www.thorpeparkguide.com/features/insidetherides/photos/freakshow6.jpg[/img]Posted ImagePosted ImageApparently there was also an "upside down room" and "hanging bag things, similar to what you get at fairgrounds".This photo I found from RCDB, dated 2002. It looks like a part of the abandoned queueline (after it was abandoned but before FS3D/Hellgate), but I also found these photos of it now (from ThemeUK) with the coloured lighting, so it could be either. It certainly is not seen by today's guests. In fact, I have never seen this robot thing at all, shame... :D2002Posted Image?Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageAnd this is before the new lighting was installed in 2007. This photo shows the stretch of corridor facing down towards where the robot used to appear from, as you can just see the large 'X' on the sticking out wall, facing the camera, as seen in the following photo. Both the robot and the 'X' on the wall have now gone as well very recently.2002Posted Image2007 (stupid Dutch angle)Posted Image