X

Garyy

I think that x:\ no way out is going to need a big redo.but why has it recently been operating with the lights on

To monitor how many people are being sick on the ride etc... The lights are back off now, but still.... I now understand why people get nausea on that ride after riding it twice yesterday, my head began to spin. It's the first time my head has spun on that ride which is odd :l

if they were going to do all that, they would onl ever do that on a brand new ride not a 15 year old ride!

Not at all, although a start from scratch would be easier to design. A big project retheme would make fantastic use of wasted space and fix all of X's problems.

I mean with the lifts and the low ceiling and floor, that would cost alot to do all of that...

The low ceiling and floor that I described would only be the doorway upon exiting the lift. You know, you have the inner lift doors that travel with the lift, then the outer ones that stay static. I meant that the two sets of doors would be offset, giving the illusion that the lift had become stuck part way between two storeys, so that visitors would have to duck ever so slightly to get out. It isn't like the whole station platform has to be lowered or anything, just an overhead beam can be added and the lift floors raised a bit.And the lift simulators are already there, in case you didn't know. They are those wide-ish rooms that you walk through before entering the station. They just need to be fixed and updated, with working doors and better speakers. I have some photos of them as they are in their current state:Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageRemember, this is just me brainstorming. This is not what I "want to happen" or anything. However, I do strongly think that X needs a retheme on the same scale as the one I described, with a completelt new format. It will cost a lot of money, but Thorpe Park can easily afford that. Merlin is a rich company, and they easily get backing from Blackstone, so money is not really a problem. Especially since the coaster and building are already there, which would have taken up a lot of the budget.I also think it is worth researching abandoned buildings, and finding out what a "research facility" would actually look like. It should be slightly futuristic in design, and be in contrast to Saw so as to avoid any similarities.

The low ceiling and floor that I described would only be the doorway upon exiting the lift. You know, you have the inner lift doors that travel with the lift, then the outer ones that stay static. I meant that the two sets of doors would be offset, giving the illusion that the lift had become stuck part way between two storeys, so that visitors would have to duck ever so slightly to get out. It isn't like the whole station platform has to be lowered or anything, just an overhead beam can be added and the lift floors raised a bit.And the lift simulators are already there, in case you didn't know. They are those wide-ish rooms that you walk through before entering the station. They just need to be fixed and updated, with working doors and better speakers.

Ah ok I get it now,, I'm confused though. Are they real lifts or just meant to simulate a lift?

I think lift 2 is now used as disabled access, yes. Although I imagine that back in the day the both lifts were used at once, to speed up throughput. It is a shame that they just sit there doing nothing now.Yeah, they were only simulators. I assume that you were batched into two groups, one in each "lift". The doors would then shut. In Universal Studios they seemed to be quite keen on fake lifts, they had one in Back to the Future and another in Men in Black. What happened was the floor would vibrate and audio would play to make it sound/feel as if you were travelling, when you were actually just staying still. I assume the the lifts in X No Way Out were similar, with audio and vibrations.

They are simulators as much as shutting yourself in a cupboard and humming is a simulator.The "lift" in MIB is much much bigger than the X:/ "lifts" and less confined. I personally wouldn't like to be shut in that small area with some of thorpe's clientele but there you go.

Well, yes, the ones at Universal were huge and obviously more realistic than anything X No Way Out could have hoped to achieve. However, it would have been a nice feature nontheless. And it would mean the trains would be waiting for you before you entered the station, keeping the backwards movement as a surprise.Although only if you avoided the pointless signs at the entrance telling you random facts about how "this is the world's first and only backwards-in-the-dark-rollercoasta!!!!" :P

Well, yes, the ones at Universal were huge and obviously more realistic than anything X No Way Out could have hoped to achieve. However, it would have been a nice feature nontheless. And it would mean the trains would be waiting for you before you entered the station, keeping the backwards movement as a surprise.Although only if you avoided the pointless signs at the entrance telling you random facts about how "this is the world's first and only backwards-in-the-dark-rollercoasta!!!!" ;)

Then you remember the ride opened over 15 years ago and that would of been classes as modern technology which obviously would now be classed an outcast to the newer modern technology.

Here's what they should do!:Completely Demolish The roller coaster.Keep the themeBuild either a mack Revolving house or Vekoma Mad HouseKeep the theme idea... and have the walk through to ride style of hex.Theme could be like this: Escaping from the X centre that has been the victim of a huge virus.. You have to board the escape shuttle and then the mad/revolving house section could be the shuttle spinning out of control!. as the ride ends you stabilize and land safely on earth.Or a Mack Emotion Coaster could fit in there quite well!

• 2 weeks later...

There was definitely new audio in both the exterior and interior queue lines, and pretty sure new audio on the ride. However, I didn't hear this screaming girl. I definitely think that the ride would prosper with a retheme per se, which drops the computer virus theme and stick to a slightly more generic 'No way out', with a rename to plain old No Way Out.

Rode today and is it me or was there new audio on the second and third break runs of a girl screaming? I thought it was quite effective at creating an eerie atmosphere in there.

I sure didn't! I thought the music and SFX was terrible! when it had it's old music before it sounded good with the ride and fit in with the times you stop, but when you have music at one stop then a girl screaming at the next and then strange FN music at the next it just sounds terrible!When I rode this today I really noticed how bad the quality of this ride is! they had most lights off but you could slightly see because there were a few bright white lights on near the lift, and then we stopped on the 2nd breaks for about 5 mins!

I sure didn't! I thought the music and SFX was terrible! when it had it's old music before it sounded good with the ride and fit in with the times you stop, but when you have music at one stop then a girl screaming at the next and then strange FN music at the next it just sounds terrible!When I rode this today I really noticed how bad the quality of this ride is! they had most lights off but you could slightly see because there were a few bright white lights on near the lift, and then we stopped on the 2nd breaks for about 5 mins!

When I last went on the ride it stopped at the Break runs for quite a long time, like every single break run it was there for ages. And you could hear other trains release from their break runs above you, and that made me panic. It's quite annoying because I didn't like just sitting there doing nothing in fear of another train going to hit you, but hey that's just me!

and then we stopped on the 2nd breaks for about 5 mins!

No way could you have been there that long; huge exaggeration! Probably felt that long, but probably wasn't.

When I last went on the ride it stopped at the Break runs for quite a long time, like every single break run it was there for ages. And you could hear other trains release from their break runs above you, and that made me panic. It's quite annoying because I didn't like just sitting there doing nothing in fear of another train going to hit you, but hey that's just me!

I think it depends on the number of trains as to when each train is released. The less number of trains, the longer you spend on the break runs.

And you could hear other trains release from their break runs above you, and that made me panic. It's quite annoying because I didn't like just sitting there doing nothing in fear of another train going to hit you, but hey that's just me!

Me too! I could hear the others release but we still didn't so I thought we were going to get hit! :excl:

I think it depends on the number of trains as to when each train is released. The less number of trains, the longer you spend on the break runs.

All break runs except the final block before the station run on timers. all are the same but you won't move if theres a train in the next block which alters how long you can wait in each block. Most of the time you run fine, but a slow operator and you could be waiting a while!

It is the other way around also.... The more number of trains, the more time you spend in the brakes... if the operator is slow, but can also be in general!