X

Garyy

^^ That would be the exit path I believe. All I remember from it was the smell of sick :rolleyes:On another note, I'm sure I remember the funky/tacky entrance path with lots of UV elements and slightly blue ceiling lamps. It was litrally pitch black other than that and very fun to try walk down back in the day. All the strobes in the ride area made it a bit more entertaining.

X:\ No Way Out does still have the lights on, however I think it would be good if they could actually put all of the lights on (the florescent tubes and halogen lights) instead of just the ones on the block brake sections. It was a walk on for most of yesterday-I think this is due to it not being that easy to get to with the new water ride construction.

Doesn't matter? I guess Vampire doesn't matter at Chessington. And Nemesis doesn't matter at Alton Towers.

Hmm... ;) Well firstly Vampire and Nemesis don't hold any records so the comparison doesn't hold water I'm afraid. So instead we're sayign No Way Out IS as important to Thorpe as rides like Colossus or Th13teen/Air to Alton Towers. I'd say No.Secondly, if we're going to use positions at parks then we can. Vampire is Chessington's joint most important ride with Fury. It has seen numerous improvements and rehabs over the last twenty years. It's a main ride at Chessington still.Nemesis is consistently seen by many people as the best rollercoaster in the country. It's a huge structure and whilst Air is the main attraction in Forbidden Valley, the first ride you see (or hear) as you walk into the area is Nemesis.No Way Out in comparison has had it's main appeal over-taken by Colossus, Saw the Ride, Stealth, Nemesis Inferno, Vortex, Rush, Slammer, Tidal Wave, Detonator, Samurai and soon the new 2011 ride. I'd argue it has no purpose because all of Thorpe's other coasters are 1.4 metre height restrictions whilst No Way Out is a family rollercoaster with an adult height restriction. It has had no real refurbishments over the last 14 years, has been left to rot ever since Thorpe become a real main park in the country. The icing on the cake is No Way Outs backwards in the dark thing being made completely redundant by having the lights on this year.So yeah, I'd say it doesn't matter.

Actually, you said the ride didn't matter, not the record, so you just typed all that crap for nothing. And if you call an intense thrill coaster a 'family coaster', then what do you call a thrill ride?!

Vekoma, the manufacturer, call it a family coaster (sometimes referred to as an enigma; the track style). The only reason that warrants to high height restrictions is the fact that the trains are programmed to be backwards (as far as I know). The park advertise it as a thrill ride due to the high restriction.Do get your facts write before you criticise members for taking the tine to write and relatively long and detailed reply..

I noticed on my last go (we stacked for ages) that there was white, round LED lights between the fans on the brake runs. I take it your on about them. It would be cool if they could add lights and audio that you can only see/hear from parts of the track. Use lots of cloth walls.Lazers, UV objects for headchoppers, stage lights, tunnels of lights. Really R'n'RC if I had my way lol :DKinda excited to see what they do.

I am not a big fan of spinning tunnels, but the idea could easily be developed to create something far greater. Perhaps a sequence like this for one of the break runs:For example, the train could stop on one of the break runs, enclosed in a small tunnel. A door shuts in front of you, seemingly locking you in (this could be achieved by lowering a themed door from above, stopping only slightly above the track). The whole tunnel then begins to rotate (the door as well, using a motor in sync witht he rest of the tunnel), and because everything you see is turning you don't get the problem that normal tunnels have. Also, since it started turning after you became locked in and you are not simply travelling straight through it, it adds an extra element of danger and uniqueness. With sound effects and lighting from behind, it would be very effective.This is likely not to happen, though. I hardly think this retheme is going see effects like that, or any new effects at all. A few lights maybe and a tidy up, maybe even the really old sensory effects (fans, mist, water, robots in queueline) could be fixed. It's a shame if only minor changes like that do happen, because there is so much potential going to waste on X. Why not fix it for good, make it a proper dark ride. Even something like the beginning of Saw would be good.