X

Garyy

• 1 month later...

It's a shame really. The ride isn't or rather, wouldn't be too bad in the right direction. If you saw some of the construction pictures before it was 'roofed', it's really ok and would make an awesome family coaster.I still stand by my comments on it being un-roofed, turned forwards and used as a step up from the Flying Fish/Saw--to the bigger rides!

No No No NoThis ride has overstayed it's welcome, first it just got crap, then it just became boring, and now its just ridiculous. It's got to go.

Totally agree there's great protential there for new ride . Think that made me laugh last summer the queses were up to 90 mins lol why it's lost it's touch . I Hate to say and carts are only anygood for 1 at a time too unless yours a midget.

If X gets the attention it needs and gets a bit of modernizing, then it'd be great! The ride experience would be better and probably would draw in more crowds. However, with Thorpe not infilling in any more land and probably finish 'expanding onto them' in the next 10 or so years, it's days will probably be numbered then, in my eyes. This season will be interesting; new ride practically next to it, should become slightly more popular!

I think X:/ has had it's day now, but I don't think it will be leaving the park until after the 2015 coaster, imo they should remove it at the same time as Storm Surge; this will then leave a nice large plot of land for the possible 2018 coaster if they were to remove it in say...2016. But remember that is just MY opinion, and it could be removed sooner or later than when I think it should be removed. But yes, for this season I think X:/ will be a more popular coaster due to Storm Surge being right in front of it, especially for first time guests, I wonder if they have added any new lights etc this year?

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anything is different for today. But yesterday, the ride and queue was in complete silence. Two of the brake runs had their Fright Nights tracks still playing, but other than that, nothing. The old baggage point had been painted and blocked off. It really does feel shoddy and beyond any point of refurb, without serious money being spent on it.

There was no sign warning of the lights on so it was pretty lame and not worth the wait, but I was hoping they were off as there was no sign. Please take the world's first backwards rollercoaster in the dark signs off if you're going to run it like this, and also give the REAL reason for having the lights on.

Think about how the operator would have been busy, I'm sorry but I am SICK of people complaining about stuff that the park wouldn't have had control over. ''Hey mr operator I'm going to have an error, you can't turn the lights off and it's all last minuteee!'' Grow up, sometime it's not the parks frigging fault.

Leave Holly alone,if you'd also read the thread, lights were off on saturday so it was a perfect assumption that the lights should've been off on sunday, so it most likely was a last minute change.Also, the REAL reason for having the lights on was originally to see if it stopped people feeling ill. it did, so they kept it. Good idea really as you don't want people being sick all the time; end of the day they're thinking of a guest experience point of view. Imagine queueing hours for a ride and then feeling terribly ill afterwards. - not fun.

Also, the REAL reason for having the lights on was originally to see if it stopped people feeling ill. it did, so they kept it. Good idea really as you don't want people being sick all the time; end of the day they're thinking of a guest experience point of view. Imagine queueing hours for a ride and then feeling terribly ill afterwards. - not fun.

It probably was an error not because it makes people feel sick, I only say that because the sign outside looks new and it still says 'in the dark'

Last minute? Where have you been? If you read this thread you would see the lights have been turned on for most of last season!

If you really must know ill but omg still with internet access. I KNOW. Are you a ride operator? Do you know how this stuff works? Or are you incapable of being optimistic and consider all the different options. I'll say it simply. Lights on Saturday, Off Sunday, maybe problem happened?

Also, the REAL reason for having the lights on was originally to see if it stopped people feeling ill. it did, so they kept it. Good idea really as you don't want people being sick all the time; end of the day they're thinking of a guest experience point of view. Imagine queueing hours for a ride and then feeling terribly ill afterwards. - not fun.

Not really. Thinking of guest experience would be the ride with lights off, not on. Or getting rid of the ride.