X

Garyy

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoy the new music, and lighting, although I don't thik it goes with the whole computer virus theming (if that still exists).I like the exit announcement too, does anybody have that? Thanks :)

Yeah I'm not sure whether Thorpe are sticking to the computer-virus thing. I'm just glad for them to be given a budget to be able to give the ride some attention!

I'm just glad for them to be given a budget to be able to give the ride some attention!

Although I do appreciate them making an effort with X, and think the music suits it, I'm not a fan of the new lighting. It's just too, err, light. The only thing I thought made X kind of rideable was the darkness making it disorientating, that's been lost now. The light from the lift hill and final brake run illuminate the entire pyramid too much, more directional lights like lasers would work a whole lot better for me.

Although I do appreciate them making an effort with X, and think the music suits it, I'm not a fan of the new lighting. It's just too, err, light. The only thing I thought made X kind of rideable was the darkness making it disorientating, that's been lost now. The light from the lift hill and final brake run illuminate the entire pyramid too much, more directional lights like lasers would work a whole lot better for me.

Interesting! I've yet to ride it but I'll let you know what I think when I do.

Interesting! I've yet to ride it but I'll let you know what I think when I do.

I rode it in june when it was like that but that was my first time riding it. when its FN do you think thell do it in pitch black. cos I'm going anyway.oh and could anyone tell me what the aliens in the old queue were and if there was more of different models or whatever. Thanks

We rode it twice on Sunday, once in the morning and then again in the afternoon and I think it may have been playing a different track each time.We enjoyed it, but then we always have. The new LED lights on one of the brake runs were a nice touch but at the beginning of the ride there is too much light so you can see the floor of the pyramid etc. The music was ok, but could have definitely done with being louder in the ride itself, they need to get that right to gain some of the atmosphere that other 'rave' rides like EuroSat have. I also agree that some lasers would be a nice addition.

Someone was asking about this in the Quick Questions forum, but I thought I'd post it here too, I have a feeling the song being played is the song below, but obviously a slightly remixed version and with no vocals.

Nice found, I think that isn't the song they play though but its very similar.X's song was dirtier (In A DnB Way Don't Worry) and had a heavier bass.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow! I'm even more impressed with the 'new style' X after riding it again this morning. The music was nice and loud now filling the pyramid with sound. Plus the lighting also seems to have been improved since our last visit, it was quite a lot darker in there even with the coloured lights on the brake runs.I think this is the most I have enjoyed X in many, many years and I think it was a great decision by the management/ ride team to put this effort into improving the ride’s experience. :(

Wow! I'm even more impressed with the 'new style' X after riding it again this morning. The music was nice and loud now filling the pyramid with sound. Plus the lighting also seems to have been improved since our last visit, it was quite a lot darker in there even with the coloured lights on the brake runs.I think this is the most I have enjoyed X in many, many years and I think it was a great decision by the management/ ride team to put this effort into improving the ride’s experience. :(

what has changed then? :D

So its the same as it was in june?... ;)

Right just because you have been in June doesn't mean everyone else on the planet has

Plus the lighting also seems to have been improved since our last visit, it was quite a lot darker in there even with the coloured lights on the brake runs

Bit of an obvious couple of words there and just so you know I haven't been on X in a very long time, have they put an models in the queue? I don't like models they scare me. Eh?

Right just because you have been in June doesn't mean everyone else on the planet hasBit of an obvious couple of words there and just so you know I haven't been on X in a very long time, have they put an models in the queue? I don't like models they scare me. Eh?

I hate models too, but no there is none just the cheapo looking crash test dummies on the 2nd (I think it is) break run.