X

Garyy

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

thanks of the link jonny.I went to Thorpe park a couple of weeks ago and there was hardly any qs for the rides in Thorpe.x:\ was empty, u could run to the station and be right on. one ride was just me and my two mates.has any one else questioned that 8 sided room that u go Through to get too the station. cos theres 2 of them and I think the doors used to shut on them at one point. I reckon people get into them and when the other side opens the trains already there so u don't know what way it came it and it looks like your gunna go around the corner that your facing.the whole places needs some more decoration done to it, I feel for the poor guy that has to sit in the cloak room, that place is worn out.and the idea of fog inside the ride sounded like a good one especially with all the new lighting. and bring back the steaming pillars.soz for all the moaning but looking around inside they really didn't do all that much theming in the first place. the black hole on A.T got better station theming with all its star roofs and porthole windows and stuff. I think if x:\ got the feel of the ride right then people would enjoy it better. I know I would.

Your right about the hexagonal type rooms - they where originally used as pretend lifts, where 8 of you would enter the room, and it would jog you about a bit, as if you where going up inside the lifts to the station - when in reality all it did was jog you about, and then a ride attendant would open the doors and welcome you into the station, where you would be batched. I agree about all the old effects and the long tunnel - but in the past 6-7 years they where cut off, and this is now where Hellgate Maze at Fright Nights is located; maybe in the not so distant future they will move Hellgate to another place around park, and the old queueline opened up again, with a redo of the effects - however parts of the theming where removed this year to be used on the ride itself; on animation three you can see the two mannequins, I believe these used to be in the wall in the old queueline, and they where cut out to be used on the ride.Hope this helps - and welcome to the forum! :D

the only thing I know from the safety brake things is that yer the dummies ain't lit up no more and theres this sound thing saying "car controls lost" "car control achieved" "car control lost" its funny cos the car jolts back and forth when it dose that, kinda adds to the theme witch is great. the dummies were a bit rubbish any way.

Same as marc really. I think X is coming up to its sell by date and I think it would clear enough space for another large ride such as a catapult ride, don't know what its called and I havn't got the time to look it up bu its got 3 arms and each has cables atatching to a gondola holding 6 - 8 passengers. it then releases the gondola likea sling shot. anyone know what I mean? It's on sky one's thrill rides shows. :D

Same as marc really. I think X is coming up to its sell by date and I think it would clear enough space for another large ride such as a catapult ride, don't know what its called and I havn't got the time to look it up bu its got 3 arms and each has cables atatching to a gondola holding 6 - 8 passengers. it then releases the gondola likea sling shot. anyone know what I mean? It's on sky one's thrill rides shows. :D

What like Velocity at Oakwood ?