Black Mirror Labyrinth

btcc1721

2 hours ago, JoshC. said:

It's an interesting premise, and with the "We value your privacy" tagline, it could suggest that throughout the experience you're 'tracked', or that things are a bit more interactive. Certainly a very Black Mirror type thing too.

Rather ironic, when Thorpe's Cookie consent policy is not GDPR compliant. In today's day and age you can't track a user until they have have specifically opted into cookies.

image.thumb.png.9d8fa6e2148fea7e139045b3f72f31bf.png

On 4/11/2021 at 6:06 PM, JoshC. said:

[quote]

2. Your photo will be taken

For a while anyway #RIPDBGTsTwoPhotoPoints

In other news, if those roaming actors in silver clothes with pink wigs are anything to do with Black Mirror - please, please, please, I hope they aren't - that's absolutely laughable.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry not sorry for double posting but...  do we really think the park will be that much busier on Friday 21st if I was hypothetically going to visit then? 🤓 

No schools are off then of course and I'm sure MAPpers wouldn't dare take their kids out of school for the day just to get an exclusive pop badge or something.

36 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

Sorry not sorry for double posting but...  do we really think the park will be that much busier on Friday 21st if I was hypothetically going to visit then? 🤓 

No schools are off then of course and I'm sure MAPpers wouldn't dare take their kids out of school for the day just to get an exclusive pop badge or something.

You - sorry, the hypothetical person who would go on opening day - should indeed be fine. It might be ever so slightly busier, but I can't see it being much busier than how any other weekday has been during the pandemic. 

I look forward to seeing your review. I'm just sad that Jart hasn't been about lately to give us more information.

Just now, JoshC. said:

You - sorry, the hypothetical person who would go on opening day - should indeed be fine. It might be ever so slightly busier, but I can't see it being much busier than how any other weekday has been during the pandemic. 

I look forward to seeing your review. I'm just sad that Jart hasn't been about lately to give us more information.

Indeed, we miss Jart muchly, but with speculation rife about a neW CoASteR coming to THORPE PARK RESORT after surveyors have been spotted in OLD TOWN maybe Jart will make a return?!

Anyone else think it's a little odd that Thorpe have posted nothing about Black Mirror on their socialz? Or have they forgotten about it?

What's everyone's wild speculation about what it's going to be like? My gut is it that will have a mildly clever thing in there, that's slightly impressive first time around but that's about it :D I am also more than a little concerned about the throughputs... but we shall see!

1 hour ago, MattyMoo said:

Anyone else think it's a little odd that Thorpe have posted nothing about Black Mirror on their socialz? Or have they forgotten about it?

What's everyone's wild speculation about what it's going to be like? My gut is it that will have a mildly clever thing in there, that's slightly impressive first time around but that's about it :D I am also more than a little concerned about the throughputs... but we shall see!

Meh, not bothered, perhaps they have been told not to promote in case of any Covid push backs. Interesting though that the website carousel images aren't even promoting it. 

Side note I am prepared to buy you one point for every vlog cameo you get on opening day. Bonus points for getting into the lords vlog.

Just now, Glitch said:

Meh, not bothered, perhaps they have been told not to promote in case of any Covid push backs. Interesting though that the website carousel images aren't even promoting it. 

I thought this too, but seems odd when Alton Towers have been pushing Gangsta Granny quite hard for a good couple of weeks now. Obviously very different situations and different parks and all that, but it feels like a weak reason to not be actively promoting it. Or even a mention on the website that doesn't require one to dig around.

Given it's *checks notes* 10 days until opening and they now have all the confirmation that it can open, one would assume something  will happen soon. How effective, we'll see.

They were doing some filming on it today, so maybe they'll post something soon. 

There was someone (probably who has been on love island or only way is Essex, not a clue) standing outside with a filming crew saying they were going to be the first ones on it.

I do agree its odd they don't seem to be promoting it apart from the signs outside saying its opening on the 21st. 

5 hours ago, Mark9 said:

Closed by 2023 is all I could think of to be honest.

😆😆

15 hours ago, Glitch said:

Side note I am prepared to buy you one point for every vlog cameo you get on opening day. Bonus points for getting into the lords vlog.

Will he even have an invite for opening day/press though? :D Can't wait to be on the ISLAND LIKE NO OTHER with all the stars. 

Much like with Derren Brown's Ghost Train, Black Mirror will also require a timeslot, of which a free ticket can be booked by scanning a QR code at the entrance: https://www.thorpepark.com/explore/theme-park/rides/labyrinth/

There is no Fastrack for the thing, and RAP users also need to pre book a slot. Hotel guests do not need to pre book a timeslot, but simply just turn up between 10-11.30.

Unsurprising really, but if done right, at least means potentially shorter queues for it. It does mean that the park now has 2 time ticketed attractions though, which does somewhat change the dynamic of a trip.

On 5/11/2021 at 7:00 PM, ThorpeAddict said:

They were doing some filming on it today, so maybe they'll post something soon. 

There was someone (probably who has been on love island or only way is Essex, not a clue) standing outside with a filming crew saying they were going to be the first ones on it.

I do agree its odd they don't seem to be promoting it apart from the signs outside saying its opening on the 21st. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO3ON_BBg4x/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I assume it was this person.

Post features a video showing the inside (so spoilers)

10 hours ago, Coaster said:

Everything having exactly the same theme is really getting boring now.  Some creativity please!!

I see why it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's meant to be the same. Just like how Towers' new stuff has leaned into using In the Hall of the Mountain King, Thorpe are leaning into using the 'Island Theme' for stuff. As a small part of a larger loop, I think it's a really cool idea.

Also, saying it's on everything is a stretch, no? It's in and around the entrance, used at Fright Nights, Walking Dead, Black Mirror, Old Town and maybe the Donut Factory? I don't think it actually appears in Colossus' or Inferno's loops, or surrounding areas? So it's only pockets of the parks that actually use it.

8 hours ago, JoshC. said:

I see why it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's meant to be the same. Just like how Towers' new stuff has leaned into using In the Hall of the Mountain King, Thorpe are leaning into using the 'Island Theme' for stuff. As a small part of a larger loop, I think it's a really cool idea.

Also, saying it's on everything is a stretch, no? It's in and around the entrance, used at Fright Nights, Walking Dead, Black Mirror, Old Town and maybe the Donut Factory? I don't think it actually appears in Colossus' or Inferno's loops, or surrounding areas? So it's only pockets of the parks that actually use it.

I don't particularly like Alton Towers having every ride using ITHOTMK, I know it's an iconic theme associated with the park but it's not very creative.  It gives the rides/areas no identity and everything just blends into one IMO.  Alton don't even own that music!

It is in Colossus and Nemesis Inferno's IMAScore themes, and was played in the queues when I last visited (2019) from what I remember.

• Mattgwise changed the title to Black Mirror Labyrinth
  • JoshC. unpinned this topic