Park Music

humjosh

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm I have never seen any sheet music for Thorpe Park audio but this may help you if you want to look further into it.Colossus, Quantum, Park Entrance, Air, Bubbleworks station and Beanoland themes were composed by Ian Habgood, link to his website>> here <<A lot of the other music is composed by the park or is from royaltyfreemusic.com.

Alternatively you could listen to the full thing here! :mellow:I hope they sort out the audio properly for 09. Get all the volume levels right, get rid of the dodgy crackling speakers, fix WWTP so there is no cutting out and no delays on different speakers, bring back the original Slammer, Vortex and Detonator themes and pow! Win for Thorpe.

I agree, and I think I speak for everyone when I say - Please put more than one speaker in the Detonator Queue :mellow:

There is more than one speaker in the queue line, not sure if you mean the platform.

God I miss the old Detonator music. It created such a great atmosphere and it was so loud. I remember in the years of 2005 and before just walking up to Detonator and hearing the music which really built the tension and the atmosphere. Don't mind the new music.

I miss the old one too! I remember a few days in the past when it had its old music on and I could hear it quite clearly from Rush!

Alternatively you could listen to the full thing here! :mellow:I hope they sort out the audio properly for 09. Get all the volume levels right, get rid of the dodgy crackling speakers, fix WWTP so there is no cutting out and no delays on different speakers, bring back the original Slammer, Vortex and Detonator themes and pow! Win for Thorpe.

I already have the music, plus every other Thorpe Park tune that's going out there. Let's be realistic though, the only crackling Speakers are on Slammer which do need to be fixed, the old music is OK but the new one is so much better. The old music is some tune they dug up from somwhere on this planet, it's heard from radio station competitions to big annual events. The new one however was composed for the park. As for the Vortex theme, what's changed, except a new announcement in it? And the old Detonator music, please yes, let's have it back.

God I miss the old Detonator music. It created such a great atmosphere and it was so loud. I remember in the years of 2005 and before just walking up to Detonator and hearing the music which really built the tension and the atmosphere. Don't mind the new music.

I have 3 tracks of the old Detonator music. I have the full theme tune, the "5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Explosion" countdown, and the countdown with the rasising music.Click here for the old main theme

Beware - Geeky post coming up!

I already have the music, plus every other Thorpe Park tune that's going out there. Let's be realistic though, the only crackling Speakers are on Slammer which do need to be fixed, the old music is OK but the new one is so much better. The old music is some tune they dug up from somwhere on this planet, it's heard from radio station competitions to big annual events. The new one however was composed for the park. As for the Vortex theme, what's changed, except a new announcement in it? And the old Detonator music, please yes, let's have it back.

Partly correct, partly incorrect.Crackling speakers - Slammers speakers are not crackly, its only during one part of the loading track so its a duff mp3, not speakers, Samurai - the new speakers slightly crackle already, Stealths speakers are awful, too quiet, too loud, cuts in and out all the time, there are some speakers that are a tiny bit behind what the other speakers are playing so you get an awful echo. Tidal Wave WWTP speakers are on their way out. Rush's speakers are pretty awful, but they have taken a royal battering at the music it plays so they've done pretty well to have not exploded in everyones face by now.The Slammer music, the announcements were so much better, they built up tension better. The tracks used are O Verona from Romeo and Juliet which is used on Radio stations and X-Factor, the loading track was from Van Helsing. The new announcements sound crap, and I believe they are Lewis Cox's voice again, personally I think his voice sounded better when it was deep in the old soundtrack. The new stuff is all royalty free crap which they took off free music librarys on the internet and was not composed for the park. Type in 'Intense Suspense' and 'Long Dark Journey' on royaltyfreemusic.com and you will get the raising music and loading.Vortex had the track shuffled around a bit. The second half of the track is now the start of Colossus, rather than the dadadadada bit. Urr yah :mellow:The mechanical RCT3 SFX do not suit Vortex and the new ambience in the loading theme is pretty dull. It was better when it was Colossus station ambience with wind chimes.Plus the old voice suited the ride better.

Vortex had the track shuffled around a bit. The second half of the track is now the start of Colossus, rather than the dadadadada bit. Urr yah :mellow:

The track changed back for 2008 season to the original (2006 and before with the dadadadada bit). It was just 2007 it was changed with the slow start of Colossus theme playing as the second half. So technically apart from the announcements it is now unchanged from what it was. Just a shame it doesn't play in queue as well anymore.