Phyciodes

The News

mrmonkey   

Generally I distrust Organised religion full stop - or ones with very fixed ideals and rules and rituals - life's too short for that! I'm quite a spiritual person - but the blinkered belief of some of the those that follow organised religion - just makes my blood run cold! 

Remember our history - and that we once burned one another at the stake for being Protestant vs Catholic and visa versa - if that's not organised terrorism then what is?

That might be 500 years ago, and certain religions such as Christianity have become more civilised in time - just remember they were JUST as barbaric! 

SOME muslims are very 'behind' by our modern western standards! And we need to live by those standards and promote our modern values, and keep promoting them! 

Can also just say say I'm sat in a cafe writing this.... and at the next table are a western white Scottish woman chatting and laughing opposite a muslim woman in her headscarf - obviously friends, ex-colleges or something - just two woman catching up!...... its such a simple scene.... but very symbolic! 

So don't go round saying all islam is evil! Some people have VERY backwards views yes...But Islam is an ancient religion - and there are billions of Muslims in the world - so We'd all be screwed/dead by now if they all truly did hate us and want us dead! 

I often see plenty of muslim families at theme parks I visit - they are like us, they love a day out.... the smiles on there faces are the same... remember that! 

Cian   

Agreed. I see modern religion as more of a desperate cash-grab now, opposed to its ancient origin as a type of coping method. I still feel obliged to stand for those who are being misrepresented though, by both silly bigots and the media - however these days they're essentially the same thing. Jeez, you just have to pick up a copy of The Sun to prove my hypothesis.

Han30   
2 hours ago, Ryan said:

LBC have sacked Katie Hopkins after her comments regarding the Manchester attacks :) 

Yeah I just read about that - that woman has a face I wouldn't tire of hitting....with a brick

Josh3103   

London Bridge has been placed on lockdown amid reports of three men carrying knives attacking people and up to 20 have reportedly been struck by a van. 

More terror attacks in London as a Van crashed into pedestrians at London Bridge, an incident an borough market and shootings in Vauxhall. 

There are some sick people in this world!

Terrorists bombed innocent people at a concert in our country, and our response is to hold an even bigger concert in the same city. This is the best country in the world.

Also, say what you want about Ariana Grande's music but I have huge respect for her, and I'm not sure you'll come across someone who doesn't after all this.