Legoland

NickD

What the hell is that? I've not been to legoland but that big empty grey floor, faded red circle with a crappy spring toy in the middle surrounded by worn out kerb with paint missing and weeds growing between them look shocking. My local free kids playground looks better than that.

Don't let that picture fool you, the rest of the park is nothing like that...not in my opinion anyway.

While this area is aimed at far younger audiences, I am glad they are constantly updating some of there older creations. A move that maybe some of the other Merlin parks should take on board once in a while.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Legoland to add Legends of Chima 4D Movie

2013 will see more than just Duplo Valley Splash and Play with the announcement of a new 4D show for Legoland and Legoland Discovery Centre Manchester. From the release:

The all new 12 minute animated 4D film, complete with high impact special effects, will immerse audiences in the fantastical LEGO world of Chima where tribes of animal warriors compete in epic battles for CHI, a mystical energy source of limitless power and destruction.

The story follows four young animals as they take a guided tour of Chima with Plovar the Parrot and become entwined in a struggle between good and evil as they help their hero Laval the Lion Prince do battle with Cragger the Crocodile King. State of the art 3D animation will bring the audience right into the heart of their journey as they sweep through dramatic landscapes, flying through the magical waters of Mount Cavora and soaring over the majestic Speedorz Arena of Chima in a high speed chase. The climax of the adventure comes as Laval and Cragger take to their Speedorz vehicles in a super-charged, super-fast race to capture a precious supply of CHI. Will good prevail or will evil win the day?

Obviously being exclusive to Lego parks the new attraction will open at both locations on 15th March 2013. It is being rolled out across most of the Lego network in 2013.

Taken from themeuk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

According to the ticket prices page, Legoland's car park charge has now risen to £3 which is the first hike (what will no doubt be any through the years) since the pid system came in three years ago.

Bad news for standard merlin and non pass holder guests. However premium parking as gone down (still too much though).

• 2 weeks later...