Legoland

NickD

• 2 weeks later...

They need to ramp up some of windsor's thrills, my 8 year old brother doesn't bat an eyelid on any of that so called 'baby stuff', I liked it when I was his age, why do times have to change? :P

Chessington is the answer.Why you should go to a different park because Merlin have decided that people only visit in target audiences is a different question.

I don't understand why lego don't cater for the more thrill seeking kids, especially as they become more used to thrills.What I personally hate is why scarab bouncers and longboat invader are run on **** slow settings whereas frog hopper and heave ho at towers practically want to make you fly out your seat. It's the same damn age range riding those rides!!

I don't understand why lego don't cater for the more thrill seeking kids, especially as they become more used to thrills.What I personally hate is why scarab bouncers and longboat invader are run on **** slow settings whereas frog hopper and heave ho at towers practically want to make you fly out your seat. It's the same damn age range riding those rides!!

Yeah I completely agree! I even had a try on all the egypt rides when they first come out and yeah, they were piles of poop.

I used to think Legoland was fun and exeiting but I went last year and to be honest it was a massive time waste, I waited 2 hours to go on the dragon ride and was thoroughly dissappointed.(If I was there on my own I wouldn't go but it was my younger brothers B-Day)

What I find weird is its a very throughput split in the park.You've got half the park which has awful throughputs (around 200-300 per hour) which is lego city, adventure land. Whereas the other side you've got rapids (1100pph on full capacity), pirate falls (650), Pirate Ship (600pph), Dragon (900 easily on 3 trains) and dipper (600 again).So if you go down right hand side at beginning of the day, guaranteed you'll get more rides in your day than if you went down hill train and down the left hand side of the park (thats unless you mess about all day!)

when I was younger, we always went right down to the bottom of the park, onto dragon, and moved anti-clockwise.of course, back then the only way to get to the bottom of the hill was either to walk to the left or go on the hill train, so it would be 30 minutes before you reach the bottom.capacity is just ridiculous. I mean, the park is huge, so park capacity is massive, but then 70% of rides can't handle the numbers.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

That looks really cool actually. Train seems to have a good bit of zip in it. Looks better then Thirteen so far.

Agreed. Fingers crossed for them they don't have to kill it with trims after opening, that's the only thing that makes Th13teens outside section actually terrible (as opposed to just average as it was by design). Be interested to see how Zierer do with the drop section because, for all its faults, Intamin pretty much nailed that aspect of it first time.

• 3 weeks later...

Legoland Windsor closed today due to a major power cut...

NEWS ALERT ... We're are very sorry to say that the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort is currently CLOSED due to an electrical power failure. We're working hard to find the cause of the problem and will keep you updated. For now though (Sunday 6 May), the Resort is CLOSED. Please keep checking for updates.

Although Chessington are accepting tickets pre-booked for Legoland today.

NEWS UPDATE... Sadly, we're still without power. For those with pre-booked tickets then Chessington will happily accept them today for you. We hope to be reopened later today. Please keep checking for info and once again sorry for the disappointment.

Thorpe yesterday with a power cut, Legoland today... Not good!

• 3 months later...

Another new land??!... well, at least they're actually demolishing something this time (looking at you pirates).

but, they're removing the little duplo houses with... duplo houses.

they're removing the water play area with... a water play area. it seems a little strange to me, but oh well.

adding more seating to the theatre makes sense, because I remember years ago it was getting busy there, so I'm presuming that's worse now. by the way, have they built the extra seating down at the stunt show yet?

the bit that confuses me though, isn't the golf a little bit of a distance away from the rest of the stuff? I guess the golf didn't exactly become a runaway success then.

overall, it looks decent, and as long as they don't mess with my storytale brook, then I can deal with it. but this is now the 14th attraction that has water involved with it. how about some fire for once?

It's not really a new land, just a refurb. There is already duploland with waterworks etc.

Essentially the new water area is where the golf and dry play area is now, and the new dry area will be on the site of the current water works.

The waterworks is always popular at LL so. If this is themed properly then well done to LL as waterworks was desperate for a re do