Legoland

NickD

Legoland can get away with not adding big additions regularly, look at last year, they opened the Hotel but to the average park visitor that isn't any reason to visit for a day trip, and the only other addition was the Star Wars Miniland, yet their attendance jumped by 5.3% on the previous year, which is one of the largest increases in Europe that year.

Legoland is just ridiculously popular, and while they are packing out the place with families, there's not a huge incentive for them to lay out for a huge ride.

After the recent news that next years addition may be rather disappointing for everyone except kids, there's some more positive news now as the park are planning an interesting Christmas event.

http://www.legoland.co.uk/Plan/Christmas/

Sounds quite exciting to me, having Christmas events at the park and also opening selected rides and attractions as well especially as something like this has been crying to be done at the park for years seeing as they used to open the park during its early years.

Yes, it's definitely not the best lineup of rides and I don't think anything will beat the golden days of Legoland Christmases in the late 90's however this is definitely the best Christmas event the park has seen for some time having only opened the beginning shops with an annual pass offer or something (though they did open Star Wars last year).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

After the closure of Crossed Ribs at the end of the2013 season, I can confirm the eateries' replacement will be the Burger Kitchen, how original ;).

Apparently they're also opening a second one in Lego City, which will replace the Burger Ranch. Can't say I'm too impressed with this, considering they have similar branded outlets at Chessington and Towers.

http://www.legoland.co.uk/Explore/restaurants/

It was only a matter of time before they brought in the Burger Kitchen. Disappointed it is replacing the Crossed Ribs eatery though as that was a gooden'.

On another note, I wonder why they are so keen to rebrand Pirate's Landing after only a few seasons.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it Merlin's fault that the EDL don't have the funds to rent out a park for the day for their group?

If you have the money, you can rent it out, and this applies to anyone... Unfortunately the whole 'Muslims are taking over the UK' slant people like to play with (especially what with the Rigby trial going on, and that some people actually protested this outside Merlin HQ) means that any time this happens there will be trouble... Helped of course by the mass media...

I might protest about John Lewis days because I'm not invited to them...