Legoland

NickD

Hey, you know what hasn't been in the news recently? LEGOLAND!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2391102/Families-thrown-Legoland-brawl-erupts-parents-queuing-pirate-ship-ride-children-theme-park.html

It is billed as a fun day out for all the family.

But an afternoon at wholesome Legoland turned sour on Saturday when a 'vicious' mass brawl broke out among parents queuing for a pirate ship ride.

Police arrested two men after 'all hell broke loose' at the Berkshire theme park, where onlookers described seeing one father grabbing a metal queue pole to use as a weapon during the ten-minute altercation.

One shocked bystander told The Sun newspaper: 'About ten people were involved - even some of the women flew off the ride trading punches, and both the families had kids with them.

'You don't expect to see things like this at Legoland,' the parent said, adding that their 10-year-old son had never seen violence like it.

The families involved were thrown out of the park and banned for life.

Witnesses at the theme park's Jolly Rocker pirate ship ride suggested lengthy queues might have been what caused tensions to boil over.

The ride was closed down for 20 minutes after the brawl broke out at around 4.15pm on Saturday.

Thames Valley Police confirmed it attended to break up the row at the Berkshire attraction.

Classy parents... Bet you one of the kids was called Tyler...

Fighting over queues on the ride, how stupid. It's a themepark, don't people know to expect queues at these places especially during peak season. Some people get too far these days and its guests like those that ruin enjoyment for everyone.

At least the park banned them permanently and they seemed to control the issue quite well.

Wouldn't be surprised if Travellers were involved.

When I went to Legoland with my other half in June, we witnessed an attempted queue jump - by a group of obvious traveller kids on the Boating School ride. They were "trying to find their mum in the queue" apparently - us, a particularly annoyed woman and her husband behind, and a group of Indian chaps succeeded in not letting them get past - and when we got to the front, the woman informed the Ride Op what they had done - and the Ride Op then checked with us quietly to check she was telling the truth - he was a bit gutted that we backed up the story because he knew what he was about to have to deal with, the poor chap!

Needless to say, after we pulled away in our boat, we didn't see another boat behind us for the entirety of the ride - reason being the kids were kicking off on the loading platform and refused to leave. We really really felt for the poor guy who was operating the ride but fair play for not letting them ride B)

• 2 weeks later...

Well the must do rides at the park are Laser Raiders (a dark ride with laser shootings), The Dragon (a pretty good coaster with a dark ride section), Pirate Falls (a nicely themed flume ride), Viking Rapids (a decent rapid ride), Squid Surfer (sort of like a stand up whip ride on water), Fairy Tale Brook (a brilliantly themed scenic boat ride) and Star Wars mini land.

I suggest doing boating school first and Laser Raiders after at the start of the day.

Wow, Legoland seems to be very busy this year (although it usually is in summer months). Apparently they've also stopped selling online tickets too between now and the 2nd September due to high demand as well although tickets can still be brought on the day.

I can see them hitting capacity at least one more time before the school holidays finish. Legoland may be best avoided before September.

Well the must do rides at the park are Laser Raiders (a dark ride with laser shootings), The Dragon (a pretty good coaster with a dark ride section), Pirate Falls (a nicely themed flume ride), Viking Rapids (a decent rapid ride), Squid Surfer (sort of like a stand up whip ride on water), Fairy Tale Brook (a brilliantly themed scenic boat ride) and Star Wars mini land.

I suggest doing boating school first and Laser Raiders after at the start of the day.

Thanks, I'm going in a couple days so I will go on all of these

After just arriving home from a busy day out at Legoland, I have just taken a look on the latest park map and a found an interesting discovery [as seen in the images below].

image_zps9b9ace2e.jpg

image_zpse2de7262.jpg

So it seems this may be the main new addition for Legoland in 2014, but what could it be?

Well the phrasing with the words ahoy, adventure and set sail very strongly hint that this will be a pirate themed addition and likely be in the PIrates Landing area. However I currently have no idea what this ride/addition will be as no plans/details have appeared online yet however this must be something.

Could this new addition be a new coaster, a not so needed Splash Battle, something else or maybe just a retheme of the decent but ageing Pirate Falls ride? Sounds interesting to me.

If Legoland's only new addition next year is just an updated training camp play area, I will be very disapointed as the park is in need of a major roller coaster addition rather than yet another play area [even if it's a rethemed one] which the park has been rumoured of getting one in 2011,2013 and next year and with this coming next year, the chances are we will have to probably wait yet another year or more before we see one at the park [if we ever do].