Legoland

NickD

Well, I've never visited the park but as it is now part of our Annual Passes it might see a few more visits from us lot. Posted up on the new Annual Pass website.."Annual Pass holder preview dayWe invite you celebrate the start of the 2008 season at LEGOLAND® Windsor before we open to the general public. Come along…"Anyway, discuss the park etc. in this topic.

Well, I've never visited the park but as it is now part of our Annual Passes it might see a few more visits from us lot. Posted up on the new Annual Pass website.."Annual Pass holder preview dayWe invite you celebrate the start of the 2008 season at LEGOLAND® Windsor before we open to the general public. Come along…"Anyway, discuss the park etc. in this topic.

OMG Rehearsel day re-born at Legoland! Went legoland in 2006, so there was no Viking River Splash but meh, it was still really cool! Getting on The Dragon in the morning is the best way to go IMO, in the afternoon had a 90 minute queue, and Dragons Apprentice had a 45 minute queue, so it can get busy. One of my favourtie things there has to be Fairy tale brook though (yes, WTF). Just a relaxing boat ride through fantastic scenery and lego animatronics. Always has a small queue (was literally walk on for 2 peak days in the middle of summer?), so overall got like 20 rides on it. Legolands a great place to visit IMO. I love Pirate Falls, Fairy tale Brook, Boating School (even if its queue is so yawn, especially when you queue 90 minutes for it), and Dragons Apprentice. Those are the stand out things I CAN REMEMBER anyway, but there were other good things too, such as Normal Dragon (omg the castle is amazing, immensely themed and feels like a fortress), and Jungle Coaster (but was a bit of let down, doesnt match Rattlesnake) which has a fun drop and few bumps or so. Definately worth a visit to the Land of Legooo!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

alton thorpe, I went there a few months ago and was not really impressed.there's a pirate land, and as far as I can remember, it only has pirate falls and a gold mining thing where you get a medal.there is also a driving school, where you can learn to drive cars, boats, fire trucks... but again, it was not really my cup of tea at all. new for 2009 is viking land, which kind of interested me, I enjoyed the long boat actually, but did not ride the viking river splash.apart from that, there are 2 main shows, johny thunder, and some boring thing in a theater...a little dinosaur ride, a train ride (2) if you include the hill train which is a way in to the park, fairytale brook( which I love!) the dragon and dragons apprentice both diffrent rides, but in the same building.I think that is just about it

I went to Legoland this year... Worse than my local theme park (Twinlakes)There are 2 good rides- One of them is Pirate Falls which I think is great- well themed and gets you wet- and it didn't have a queue (In thew school hols!)The other good ride was the Dragon although it was more the queue line and the indoor section that I liked than the rollercoaster itself (It was a rubbish ride similar to the Runaway Mine Train at Alton but with no scenery and 3 chain lifts :P There was also Viking River Splash which I queued 45 minutes for as it was advertised as "Their biggest attraction yet!"- It was awful and only half of it was themed- Not worth a 10 minute wait leave alone 45!I skipped the "Griffin's Galleon style ride" because it had a 30 minute queue- which was also my reason for skipping the teacups.There was also The Dragon's Apprentice- Similar to The Runaway Train at Chessington and Fairy tale brook which I enjoyed.Wave Surfer was also there however that had a 60 minute queue.Last and certainly least is Jungle Coaster which I queued 1hr and 30mins for and it was awful- It's capacity was worse than anything EVER! and the ride had one good hill before turning into a rubbish version of Rattlesnake.Legoland is a no go for me- 5/10 :P

Took a trip to legoland couple of months back. The place has changed a lot! since my visit before last which was about 5 years ago. I was looking forward to jungle coaster as it looked pretty decent but it really was a real let down, long queue as well. Queued for ages for the vikings river splash ride and like the jungle coaster didn't really enjoy it. But on the other hand the dragon was great, and so was all the lego structrues which is one of the main attractions there. Didn't mind the trip, would have been a better visit if the place hadn't been so god damn packed but then again it was summer holidays.

• 4 weeks later...

I went to Legoland yesterday, and really enjoyed it!The Viking River Splash is actually amazing! I love every bit of it! You've got the free Battle Galleon like guns to shoot people on the ride, and it's just so fast paced and really well themed! Favourite ride to be honest.The Longboat Invader was on a super long program and span really fast, and it gave me a headache! Ah well!Pirate falls I am too in love with, the noise which you get as boats go over the drop is seriously addictive, it's like a drone which gets higher pitched! I couldn't get enough of it. The Jungle coaster 'SAVE A SEAT' service is really effective - and after 2pm it becomes a regular queue! It's really organised and you go straight to on-load! The cars look, feel, sound and are terrible now. Posted ImageIt's terrible, the whole ride feels as if it's falling apart - there's too many trim brakes, way too many! The roof container thing feels like it's breaking away. But before it had the cover it was so much better, it's just lost all dignity with those covers now. The rest of the park was really cute. Especially miniland! And Duplo land.All in all I love this park. :) So cute, so sweet, just awesome!EDIT: You need to turn your head to the right to see that picture properly, sorry!

I went to Legoland yesterday, and really enjoyed it!The Viking River Splash is actually amazing! I love every bit of it! You've got the free Battle Galleon like guns to shoot people on the ride, and it's just so fast paced and really well themed! Favourite ride to be honest.EDIT: You need to turn your head to the right to see that picture properly, sorry!

Really? I thought it was too bumpy! Lol. Well when I went the queue was hurrendous and I just was quite dissapointed.

• 3 months later...

Another new attraction for Legoland in 2009!Bob the Builder 4D.A brief description of the films storyline here...In the movie, Bob the Builder™ and his friends demonstrate teamwork and follow-through as they learn the importance of starting each building project with a plan. Bob, along with his Can-Do Crew, are busy building a roller coaster. They build a model out of LEGO® DUPLO® bricks before starting work on the real roller coaster. When Spud the scarecrow embarks on his own building project, making a birdhouse without a plan, his creation falls apart. Spud learns firsthand that every job - big or small - starts with a plan. At the end of the day, everyone enjoys the new roller coaster and goes for a fantastic ride!The ride I presume will open sometime near the start of the season and joins the park to make a 3rd 4D movie, alongside Spellbreaker 4D and Lego Racers 4D.I think this is quite a fun little addition and is surely going to be a hit with kids. I can't help but think it would have been more welcome at Chessington though.

• 1 month later...

Barely any have music there - I think Dragon is one of the only exceptions. Otherwise I seem to recall no music like anywhere.

I love the music for Fairytale brook. :). it just really sets the sceen. I've not heard any music on Dragon, oh and I love the entrance music as you go through the gate.