Legoland

NickD

I understand that, but surely if all the water pipes etc are in one area it's just unnecessary hassle to move them? Whatever

The current water play area is being replaced with a new water playarea in the same place, they're also adding a new water play area at the golf. Its more a case of adding to the pipes they've already got.

the bit that confuses me though, isn't the golf a little bit of a distance away from the rest of the stuff? I guess the golf didn't exactly become a runaway success then.

Golf is positioned exactly behind the play area - so it makes sense.

The golf is a complete shambles, it's not owned by lego and the owners don't care about it and put no investment into it - don't even care if its open or anything. Hence why they wanna get rid, lego hate it basically.

Legoland Windsor has today applied for planning permission to re build part of the resort. The Duplo Land is going to get a huge makeover for what looks like the 2013 season, all of the rides and attractions look to be staying in the area but the pay to play crazy golf is finally going to be moving out of the park after it magically appearing half way though a season a couple of years ago! The current waterworks is going to be expanded to feature water slides, tipping buckets and lots more special features. Along with the new waterpark play area the park are finally adding changing rooms into the area!

I've been thinking about this, and I wonder if perhaps this is a move towards an actual waterpark. The Florida and Californian water parks have been successful, so perhaps this will be eventually the outdoor section to a mainly indoor water park. Could they shift theroad to the car park over and fit a water park in, kind of the equivalent of splash landings?

Legoland Windsor has today applied for planning permission to re build part of the resort. The Duplo Land is going to get a huge makeover for what looks like the 2013 season, all of the rides and attractions look to be staying in the area but the pay to play crazy golf is finally going to be moving out of the park after it magically appearing half way though a season a couple of years ago! The current waterworks is going to be expanded to feature water slides, tipping buckets and lots more special features. Along with the new waterpark play area the park are finally adding changing rooms into the area!

Bit late, and the application was on RBWM as of 21st August :P

It's going to be good though, I had no idea that there were changing rooms to be added, that's even better :)

From what I have looked at from the documents, it seems that this new water play structure is our version of the waterparks located in the two American Legoland parks.

Sadly this won't appeal to me much but at least they are still updating what they have got. Good for them.

I am really just waiting for them to install a new coaster though. I am not expecting anything big but something along the lines of the former Jungle Coaster could do wonders for the park.

I would love for them to repair it and maybe add a new scene/spruce up the old ones a little but I would hate for them to remove it as we always end up riding it at least two times every time we go down. I noticed some of the anamatroincs were either gone or not working last time I was there. Hope these will get fixed.

I seem to remember the Prince has gone, though I think he was just getting a fix up.

The Aladdin's Cave entrance rock is broken. The Lego dude would pull the ring and part of the entrance would move. Sadly it looks like the ring has snapped judging by what I saw last time.

I seem to remember some form of bubble machine there once and I am sure the trolls head in the water used to be more active. Now he just gives this pathetic little squirt. :glare:

Other than that I cannot remember. I think the wolfs Walkman may have been missing last time too.

If they restore all this, the ride would be perfect.

(sorry completely forgot to post long day of school) From what I remember, the effects that were not working are, the bubble machine in the castle, the guy talking on a horse, the fairy's wand stopped moving. Also the goat on a hammock used to swing and that has stopped. The troll under the bridge used to rock the bridge ( I'm talking like 5 years ago) the thing in the water is supposed to jump up and quirt water but I don't know about that as they were working on it. After that there is litter red riding hood with her fish (that effect is occasionally on so I'm unsure) as LG95 said the Aladdin rope has snapped and the cave opening doesn't rise or fall anymore. Inside the cave it used to have the water mist thing and I'm unsure if they have just turned it off or it has broken, outside the cave was a fountain hill thing that has stopped and for the last few years some large black pipes have been showing which is a shame. Further on grandma's cottage, this bit actually upset me slightly, someone had smashed the glass in the window showing the bulb and insides of the cupboard (it may have been fixed now). the other effects were OK. wait at the end the grandma and red riding hood were having troubles with their arms and grandmas mouth (that may also have been fixed) Other than the faded Lego bricks the ride is fairly well maintained.

Another thing, in my lifetime, I have never seen the ride closed or broken down have any of you peeps seen it broken?

• 4 weeks later...