Feedback of the Forums

NickD

Also, no new guy has taken a moderator position. I believe what you are referring to is the new moderator test1. This however is not a member and was set up for testing purposes.

I thought I'd add that in there as I think that might be where you may of been concerned in relation to a new person becoming a mod ^_^

I think the reason why new threads can't be made in the General Thorpe section can't be made is because a couple of years back, it was get clogged up with thread after thread of basically the same thing, because people weren't checking other threads. So, the decision was made that only the Team could create threads (or move threads there) when necessary to make it tidier. However, there were no such problems with any other parts of the forum.

You can still post threads in the 'Quick Questions', 'The Past' and 'The Future' parts of the Thorpe Park section, as they weren't getting as clogged up.

I'm sure someone on the Team can clarify this fully though. :)

The areas where you find you can not start a new topic are areas that:

1) Historically people would start threads and threads of nonsense just repeating other threads with slightly different wording.

2) You should have no need to start a thread in as everything is covered.

We try to keep things neat here rather than having a sprawling mass of threads so info should be easier to find.

That's not to say everything has been covered, if you see something you think is missing let us know and thread can be created.

Edited by pluk
Yeah, what Josh said

• 1 month later...

Is someone able to put benins posts and photos into a spoiler tag or something to aid browser load times?

I just tried to open Teardrops in Denmark and it almost killed my laptop, it froze for 15mins and Firefox had a memory use of 1,424,000K just from that one page.

Would like to quite see it without potentially destroying laptop. Thanks! :)

Is someone able to put benins posts and photos into a spoiler tag or something to aid browser load times?

I just tried to open Teardrops in Denmark and it almost killed my laptop, it froze for 15mins and Firefox had a memory use of 1,424,000K just from that one page.

Would like to quite see it without potentially destroying laptop. Thanks! :)

Have you tried reading it on TowersStreet? It actually kills Firefox for me at work...

Could try the Coasterforce version of the report since it goes to 2 pages as people actually responded ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can I request that those who want to put their trip reports into blogs try to condense it into one entry? It's just with only five spots allowed on the recent blogs section (which is probably how 95% of people find them), if everyone starts splitting their own personal trip reports into multiple entries, it would monopolise it a bit.

I don't understand how you are viewing it? If I hit the blog tab I get a list of the most recently updated blogs, with only listing per blog (if you know what I mean, so a second post in the same blog just bumps it to the top, it doesn't show twice). And that list is long, 20 blogs currently shown.

I don't understand how you are viewing it? If I hit the blog tab I get a list of the most recently updated blogs, with only listing per blog (if you know what I mean, so a second post in the same blog just bumps it to the top, it doesn't show twice). And that list is long, 20 blogs currently shown.

I'm talking about the recent blogs box on the right side of the main forum, which shows the last 5 blogs posted and doesn't collect different entries from the same people into one. So for example, if someone decided to split their trip report into five parts and posted it into separate blogs, they would have completely monopolised that section.

Ah, I see.

I have no idea if that can be amended to work like the other one, but I suggest hitting the tab on the top to check it instead.

I don't think it is right to tell people to post less or make any blog entry huge, it's the system or the way we search that should change.

I don't think it is right to tell people to post less or make any blog entry huge, it's the system or the way we search that should change.

I'm worried I'm sounding whinier than I intend, I'm not telling people to post less at all. For example, Peaj's reports are split into five parts but at the moment he only uses one entry, which to me is a better way of doing it under the current system as it doesn't wipe out every other blog from the recent pile. But he's still got all the content there. The other side of it is that it's difficult to know when he's added to it, as you have to go back into the entry to check. So yes I agree the system should be adjusted, perhaps have a separate trip reports section or increase how many blogs are shown at the side so they all get the attention they deserve? As I'm not an admin I wouldn't know which is an easier to do solution. It's just a small change needed to make it more 'reader friendly'.

Hey Dan9,

The points you made their are very valid about the one trip report being condensed into one big blog but not knowing when it has been updated.

However just for your own reference (and anyone else who wants to know) The Official TPM Trip Reports Blogs get immediately updated as soon as that part has been posted into the relevant topic. I create the blog to summarise the trip so that you don't have to go through loads of posts in between each part to find the next section and also more that once those topics get archived in the future they are easily accessible to locate ^_^

• 2 months later...