Feedback of the Forums

NickD

I know Tommy! I'm disappointed. I see no reason why it was deleted. I would understand if there was a specific reason why it was deleted but it took me absolutely ages to write up the behind the scenes stuff and personal experiences of the Terror Tomb. I would at least like it back so I could re-read it. It sounds pathetic but Chessington was a huge part of my childhood.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know this was being discussed on chat last week at some point but I think a Banter section of the forums would be a good idea. It would provide a clearer definition of what mods think is acceptable in each part of the forums and should halt complaints about the forums becoming too dull, strict, etc right now. A post limitation to get in might be a good idea as well.Of course, this isn't an excuse for personal insults but rather jokes about rides, in-jokes and off the wall topics.

You may feel like that but for some members they get warned a lot for stuff like banter. So this is simply a solution to the problem so rather than saying that think about how its would improve relations on the forum and how much tidier the forum would be.

Or, it could be easier just to stop warning people for stuff like banter instead!!!

The point is there's a point where banter become insulting and the mod's are trying to find a way to stop the insulting one's so just letting the banter happens reduces the atmosphere because some people make it insulting.

It's very easy to tell when banter is just banter, and when it's being insulting towards someone else. Yet all of it is being deleted regardless, and that does reduce the atmosphere...

It's very easy to tell when banter is just banter, and when it's being insulting towards someone else. Yet all of it is being deleted regardless, and that does reduce the atmosphere...

Point in hand here; I haven't deleted any banter-esque posts and looking through the waste bin section, there aren't any banter posts, only crap.So I don't think you lot are posting them anymore. :lol:

Just a quicckieeeee.I haven't been on here in approximately 29642912 years, but when I came back GOSH IT'S AMAZING. The little notification blob thing and the chat - oh and the statusey and comment boxes. Hello Facebook, minus the spammy ads, add in some amazing people.Good job, well done (now read the last four words without the patronisation that seems to be there, but genuinely isn't).I'm now off to enjoy the site some more. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

It might be a thing to think about the forum rules in relation to threats. Someone is racist in chat and gets banned, someone threatens someone isn't banned comes back a little bit later and then gets banned because it's publicised on the forum. Maybe do a perm ban for threats as they are quite serious and I do feel let down with how that situation was handled.

• 1 month later...

My main thought on this is whilst Sheepie is on holiday we trial two new moderators a week. This will give them a chance to mod the forum and us the chance to see how they go about it. obviously, I think the forum should decide on who takes these positions. I'm sure us on the mod team have ideas who we want, but we'd like to hear you guys views first. ;)

Right, I'm contiuning this from chat earlier as apparently serious discussions about the forums seem to be frowned upon by other members...There are VARIOUS issues on the forum which need to be addressed in order to create a much more stable and happier environment, indeed, let's take the case of Kevvy K recently...So a new member comes in, and when other members try to correct the constant errors and actual breaking of the rules, they are actually told to leave them be and of course, it results in even MORE friction because nothing has been done about it... Indeed, a lot of arguements on here could easily be prevented before they even started if mods got involved earlier in these things as they got more heated up...So it all culminated on the evening of this with an eventual banning which should have happened a lot earlier considering how often the rules (that we are ALL meant to follow, be with 12, 20, or with any personal issues) were broken... Of course some exceptions can be made for dodgy spelling, but constant flagrancy of rules without just reason should be looked at in a lot much depth...So I look to the mod team page and am actually surprised that we only have 4 mods and 2 admins on here... Surely this is too small a number for a forum of this size which hopes to develop further over the years into something different and more elegant?What happened in chat was when some members wanted to take this discussion, the other members (including mod/admins) wanted the discussion to go to less serious topics... Constantly... This is saddening to see when the mods do need to listen to members and indeed vice versa... There seems to be a massive gap between the mods and members in regards to involvement which is something that was promised recently but seems to have not happened...Respect should be earned... Not given... This applies to EVERYONE and perhaps the newer 'nicely nicely' approach should become much more middle ground... Constant rule breaking equals a warn... If this is ignored, a 3 day ban... And so on and so forth... Again exceptions can be incorporated depending on the situation...So really, a lack of mods who will get involved in the nitty gritty seems to be lacking (by their own admission), so perhaps introducing 2/3 more mods who will get involved and not sit back and move on from serious discussions and the like would help ease the workload of the mods... In the end then, more mods and respect needs to be addressed by everyone on the site... Nipping potential problems in the bud is an absolute MUST for all mods (and indeed other members) so that these situations stop and everyone can actually at least TRY to get along...Mark's idea is fab btw... Make it happen...