Feedback of the Forums

NickD

I find that when you are trimming down the text on a quote, the best thing to do is use the backspace key, not the delete key. For some bizarre reason it seems to make a difference. If you're trimming down the text on a quote and highlighting all the words backwards (or top to bottom) then leave the first word unhighlighted and press backspace, not delete. The text stays in the box and doesn't jump out.

As much as the editing system is very good I still prefer the old-fashioned code. I am writing this on an iPad and by default it sets to the old code mode.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick question - are Thorpe still going to respond to questions sent in on the Questions to Thorpe Park subforum / will they be in the future?

Also, a quick suggestion - can the names of this topic and the other Feedback topic be altered, maybe to 'Feedback of the Forums' and 'Feedback of the Site'? Just a bit confusing! :P

Just a quick question - are Thorpe still going to respond to questions sent in on the Questions to Thorpe Park subforum / will they be in the future?

Also, a quick suggestion - can the names of this topic and the other Feedback topic be altered, maybe to 'Feedback of the Forums' and 'Feedback of the Site'? Just a bit confusing! :P

It's bad that I didn't even notice there were two feedback topics..... used your suggestion though, thanks!

Tis mostly photobucket upgrading and moving the links as they do so. The authors will have to go through and edit their posts with the new links, I have with a couple of my old posts.

Photobucket 'upgrade' sucks.

Photobucket?

But I used Facebook... FFS, can't be arsed to do that...

I used to use TinyPic, but only for RCT related pictures...

I don't think I could handle posting 100 photos onto there just for trip reports...

Yeah TinyPic's good for one of two photos, but would be dreadful for a load. Quite annoying really if old posts are missing photos, it's always nice to look back through old topics.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to make a request if I may...

The "Like" feature is good. But sometimes 5 a day runs out too fast. Considering how many posts are made here a day, can it be adjusted to 10?

I actually agree with this. I believe it was set quite low from the days when thanks was counted and it became a bit of an unhealthy race for reputation. Now there's no need for the limit.

I personally like to give thanks for posts which I agree with, are amusing, are interesting or even if someone has put a lot of effort in even if I don't actually agree with them. In a place so full of wonderful people :ph34r: I often don't have enough thanks to go round.

• 2 weeks later...