Music

Phill

Going through a really rough time of late. Been feeling up and then down and each time an up comes round its like I have so much else going on that I barely have time to appreciate why I came to Winchester in the first place. But to cut an essay short:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm4MyPIj46s

Beautiful song, and worth every second of it's 7:53 length (lyrics don't come in till about 2 minutes in). It just works. It works as a personal song and song that speaks of a wider, further-reaching stuff about human nature. The finale though :wub:

Love that song Dara :D Agreed that it's worth every second of the length. I remember when you first recommended this song to me (must thank you again for introducing me to The Sound of Arrows!) I didn't listen straight away as the length put me off a little and I have to be in the mood for lengthy songs. But when I did listen to it I loved it :D As you say it works as both a personal song and a wider-reaching one. I can definitely relate to it with everything I've been through and some things I'm going through recently :)

In attempt to make this thread more active.. There's a thread on another forum I am part of which is doing a "10 Albums of The Year" poll. I thought it would be interesting if anyone here has a list or has suggestions. I still have quite a few albums to listen to but here is my list so far:

• The Presets – Pacifica

• Lucy Rose - Like I Used To

• Bloc Party - Four

• Grizzly Bear - Shields

• Miike Snow - Happy to You

• Passion Pit - Gossamer

• Django Django - Django Django

• Clock Opera - Ways to Forget

• The xx - Coexist

• Crystal Castles - (III)

Proper excited at mo just about to go see

Rita ora

Connor Maynard

Example

The wanted

Calvin Harris

Pink

Girls aloud

At the jingle bell ball - time to P-A-R-T-Y

(Tinie Tempah arrived as a star guest that night and P!nk came down the stairs right next to me - I was in heaven - The best line up I have been to at a Capital Ball so far I think)

In attempt to make this thread more active.. There's a thread on another forum I am part of which is doing a "10 Albums of The Year" poll. I thought it would be interesting if anyone here has a list or has suggestions. I still have quite a few albums to listen to but here is my list so far:

Which you did not partake in. :(

Albums this year... haven't really worked out a definite top ten but Muse, Tame Impala, Django Django, Dog is Dead, Deftones, Grizzly Bear, Jack White among some others were all goooood.

First time I've posted in this thread.. gonna contribute quickly to the 'albums of the year' conversation - Muse, Deftones and Enter Shikari are probably my favourite albums of the year.

Muse are naturally in the list, being my favourite band. Saw them in Birmingham in October, was an awesome gig, probably beat when I saw them at Wembley 2010... except Wembley 2010 had Bliss and Ruled by Secrecy. But Sunburn and Host make up for it I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Literally cannot get enough of Imagine Dragons now. 'Night Visions' was one hell of an album. The Deluxe tracks 'Working Man' and 'Fallen' are just brilliant too. I posted the video to 'It's Time' earlier in this thread so here's another of there songs; it's the kind of song which took me a while to get to like but now it's converted me it's so hard to not smile when you hear the chorus.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so since being introduced to M83 by Ben (Valentez) and Sidders, I am totally in love with their music.

Their most "recent" video/song releaed is this: Steve McQueen, taken from the album "Hurry Up, We're Dreaming"

The song is good but I love the video even more I think; I love the feeling I get from it! It's kind of a mixture of joy and freedom, and the part where the toys "gallop" across towards the house reminds me of being a child and having fantasies about these kind of things ^_^ It also feels like some highly exciting dream I'd have as a kid; not necessarily involving what happens in the video, just one where something truly amazing or exciting happens and you're overwhelmed with positive emotions.

The whole album is fantastic, as is all their music IMO, well worth a listen.

And this is a beautiful end to an album :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuEVFfQnQUs

Ahh just love it ^_^ Fills me with so much emotion!

I know these are soooo last summer, but I'm still loving them.

http://youtu.be/S8jhXmfdRFY

http://youtu.be/Y-nsrUoShQQ

Also, Jessie Ware played some amazing stuff old an new this week filling in for Annie Mac. It reminded me of how Kiss FM used to sound when it was pirate, and remained like for about the first 10 years if its license. Then it slowly turned into the blandest crap imaginable, barely above the likes of Capital, and all the pirate stations have an angry man shouting over crap music played too fast. There really is very little music radio of any quality any more, such a shame.