Music

Phill

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a510487/katy-perry-talks-new-album-prism-theres-no-darkness.html

Would be nice if KP made her mind up, though roar did show nothing dark so I was pretty certain there was no dark sound and I've been proved right

Do you just always come into this section to bash her? Did you even read the article... You talk about her more than you do Gaga :wacko: The obsession is real, take it to ATRL.

Do you just always come into this section to bash her? Did you even read the article... You talk about her more than you do Gaga :wacko: The obsession is real, take it to ATRL.

Or Digital Spy. Those forums are just bitch on bitch.

Edit: Oh look, the link is from Digital Spy. Of course it is.

I've been here for five years and I've only found such bitching in this thread. I'll admit I was winding you up. People get so protective of their favourite music artists when really, life is so much easier when you take away the rivalry between who you like and the people who don't like who you like. Not to mention music is so much more accessible and easy to enjoy once you remove expectations.

I'm talking about her because I am dissapointed, I loved the teenage dream era but I was hoping for something different like she promised and now she's gone back on her word, or am I not allowed to like both artists?

You could have fooled me. Just because an album isn't going to be dark as "promised" doesn't mean the album will be naturally all candy cotton and dotted with fairy lights. Take things with a pinch of salt and wait for the album?There's like two snippets of new songs from her album floating about if you want to search for them, and I don't want to get into debate about it again. I have nothing against people want to discuss music but I find it hard to discuss when it seems like all you've expressed is dislike or disappointment and it's the same broken record. I've never understood why people take music so seriously and can't understand that people who make music are people. And people can change their minds.

Also, bitching? What. I thought bitching was throwing sly little digs and making in direct comments and thought I was being quite up front but sorry if I've been misinformed :blink:

I've been here for five years and I've only found such bitching in this thread. I'll admit I was winding you up. People get so protective of their favourite music artists when really, life is so much easier when you take away the rivalry between who you like and the people who don't like who you like. Not to mention music is so much more accessible and easy to enjoy once you remove expectations.

and dat's the tru T hunnay

You could have fooled me. Just because an album isn't going to be dark as "promised" doesn't mean the album will be naturally all candy cotton and dotted with fairy lights. Take things with a pinch of salt and wait for the album?There's like two snippets of new songs from her album floating about if you want to search for them, and I don't want to get into debate about it again. I have nothing against people want to discuss music but I find it hard to discuss when it seems like all you've expressed is dislike or disappointment and it's the same broken record. I've never understood why people take music so seriously and can't understand that people who make music are people. And people can change their minds.

Also, bitching? What. I thought bitching was throwing sly little digs and making in direct comments and thought I was being quite up front but sorry if I've been misinformed :blink:

and dat's the tru T hunnay

lady-gaga-look-it-up-madonna-reductive-F

lady-gaga-look-it-up-madonna-reductive-F

Funny you use this gif. Because Madge's MDNA really extends your argument of wanting a mature-sounding album that shows progression. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3gAPBmJQBE

All from Teenage Dream. None are immature. None are light-hearted. All have very dark themes. And I only like two of them.

I expect Prism to do the same. It's not Katy's fault if you don't like her style.