Music

Phill

Found this little gem in my recommended on the YouTube front page, I am not disappointed. Asgeir is a folk artist from Iceland, he's only released one album but he's re-releasing the same album next year except in English.

I don't know what it is about Icelandic people, but they seem talented as hell. Therefore I've decided I'm going to kids with an Icelandic woman :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

I made some playlists on YouTube not long ago that I listen to while idly doing something else (usually work!), I'll link them if anybody's interested but I can't guarantee I'll have all your favourite tracks on them as some of the tracks are there for personal preference XD Just put them on autoplay and shuffle and you're set for an hour or two :D

Thorpe Playlist : http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfcgweBo-AuGyGGgoWTMg2uBbX4lxDs_8

Towers Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfcgweBo-AuGsloAo3M_mDGg_WnLwl8TS

If you feel that any vital music is missing in either give me a shout and I might just add them :P they're on a separate account to my usual one because of the Google+ switch nonsense!

• 2 weeks later...

You Me At Six (creators of The Swarm song) are releasing their new album tomorrow, it's currently out on iTunes now. I got a copy early because I pre-ordered and it's actually a fantastic album, very different vibe to their older stuff but it works very well.

Especially check out 'Room to Breathe', 'Cold Night' and 'Win Some, Lose Some'.

My current top 3 are:

Happy - Pharrell Williams

Timber - Pitbull ft Kesha

This is what it feels like - Armin Van Buuren

Amongst other things I have a guilty pleasure for orchestral music,

In The Hall Of The Mountain King - Edvard Grieg (Alton Towers Theme, sounds so much better by a live orchestra!)

Hedwigs Theme -John Williams

Are just a couple of my favourites

Becky and I are big Ke$ha fans - we went to her secret launch gig at a little back-street club in London a good few years back :wub:

I had a stinking sore throat but still went along - mainly because there was a free bar for one thing :lol:

"Timber" is catchy as hell, I am rather partial to it!

I bought the new Sophie Ellis Bextor album last week, that's rather nice indeed - "Young Blood" is a gorgeous song and arrangement, love it.