Rant

Theme Park bloke

Anyway, I'm getting quite stressed recently about my GCSE's. I should be doing revision but its very hard to get started...and revision isn't like lessons either, I have to somehow figure out a way of learning on my own.

That's so true. I didn't realise how hard independent revision is until recently. Like you say, it's not so much doing the revision, it's getting started that's the problem!Got my GCSE French and Spanish Speaking Exams next week :/.

Wow, this thread gets more complicated and dramatic than an australian soap! Anyway, I'm getting quite stressed recently about my GCSE's. I should be doing revision but its very hard to get started...and revision isn't like lessons either, I have to somehow figure out a way of learning on my own.

You know what might help? Take you revision books or whatever and go to the barhroom. There are barely any distractions in there, no tele, laptop, etc. It is was my friends and I do (not together if course ;)) and it really helps me concentrate. The same might help you. However, your parents may get the wrong idea, you spending loads of time in the bathroom... :lol:

Not the only one doing French and Spanish GCSE, it's stressful doing two languages.

I know! It annoys me when people in my year complain about all the learning they've got to do, and they're only taking one language! They have no idea how easy they've got it in the next few weeks.

I haven't even thought about revision yet. I have 9 weeks left at school, last day is 29 April, and I have 7 pieces of coursework to do, of course all due dates are before April. My school has organized coursework so ridiculously. Especially business, last yearthey let one teacher get away for a whole year not teaching my class anything which means we've had to learn everything and do all the coursework for the same subject on top. Struggling to keep up. All my school friends say I'm really unlucky because my options are all the ones that have had difficulties with teachers and tons of coursework.But come on guys, we've gotta stay strong. Not much longer now for the year 11s. :lol:

OK so aside from being hacked, my rant today is about my trip to the 99p store. I needed some permanant markers, so as I'm browsing, I find a pack of 5 "sharpies", I got really excited because usually they're really expensive, it was when I was praising the 99p store to my mum I realised I something, they wern't Sharpies...I bought "Shoopies". WHY??!!

^It did. It was "Oh S**t its his bithday tomorrow, and I havent got anything. How much have I got? Oooo £1"

Please tell me you have a Welsh accent? Because if so I just had a little chuckle imagining somebody with a Welsh accent saying that.I promise you I'm not sad! (:

Short rant:I feel that I have no time for anything. I need to do coursework, which is very important and then I went to a Uni day and I'm going to more Uni open days which is a big thing. My Mum is badgering me on, to look at phone contracts and now my Dad is pestering me to look for jobs. I also need some time for myself. I don't have much time to do other things. I've practically stopped coming on TPM with a few exceptions. I feel that I'm going to be later and waking up earlier, so I can extend the time I have and I'm trying to manage my time better.

Right, time for a rant about practically everything.Firstly, school. As I've said before, French at my school is a shambles. I've tried resolving it with my teacher, but she's too stubborn to take on board our comments. So, I told the headteacher, hoping he might be able to resolve things and calm down the bad atmosphere we have. But when he talks to her, she takes it as a personal insult and it does nothing. And apparently I should have talked to her instead of going above her head, which I tried. So basically, she keeps getting the wrong end of the stick. Don't get me wrong, she's a nice person, just not a good teacher. Then, there's people. There's someone who I don't like at school. Though he has never done anything to me, he is a rude guy who is incredibly annoying and has done stuff to my friends. Yet he seems to think we are best friends. So when I say that I don't want to talk to him, he takes great offence and thinks that I've broken the friendship we had. In the end, I don't want nothing to do with him, yet he does. And he never seems to get the idea.Then, there's someone else at school as well. Last year, she was one of my best friends. Ever since 2010 started, she's tried eradicated me from her life. If I breath next to her, I'm doing something wrong. I regularly get told by her "Shut up. You're annoying me, f*ck off." In fact, yesterday, I was having a conversation with a mutual friend of her and me, and when she arrived, the first thing she said was "f*ck off, you're getting on my nerves." Yet she asks me over MSN constantly if there's any homework due or stuff like that. She's smart enough to know, and she makes it quite clear she doesn't like me, yet she still asks me for everything. And then when I say no, I get told to either "cheer up or f*ck off." Oh, and apparently because she got better marks on one essay in English, she now feels she's better than me at everything and I should see her for tutoring. Perhaps I should see the site she copies her essays from instead...Continuing on from that, people just seem to like using me. I regularly get asked "Because you're the smartest person I know, can you help me with..." Doesn't matter what I'm doing, my MSN status could be set to 'Busy', I could be there reading or writing an essay, but still, I've seemingly got to help someone who I barely speak to just because I'm smart. THEN, there's the arrogant heap of (god, I wish I actually swore). Because he's got a place at a Private School, he thinks he's perfect and above us and all that (I'm sure I've mentioned this on here before). A couple of days ago, he was asking me if I was gay. I said no. He then replied "Oh, so that means you only act gay... Ah, I understand now. So you act gay to befriend girls so you can hit on them. Makes sense now." Now apparently he meant it as a joke - but seriously, how am I meant to take that as a joke. Especially when he says it so seriously. (No offence is meant to gays there, but I hope people understand where I was coming from there). On top of all of that, there's just the general stress of school with GCSEs coming up and all the revision which is coming into full swing now. ARGH!

I admire you having the time to write that to be honest, all of those things I can realte to and it really is so difficult to know what to do when those things happen. For example with the teachers, I am top set year 10 and yet in a few subjects I have teachers who haven't ever taught before, but not just any ol' subjects, English, Maths/stats and Physics I have terrible teachers for. Lets take maths, 90% of the class has complained including there parents, but not even a follow up or another teacher assessing her lesson, she found out that I was one of the more proactive members of the class, going to the head of maths etc and I am now singled out every lesson and now she won't help me with anything.Seriously some things are so annoying, these teachers can't be bothered and it's going to possibly mean I get a lower grade in my GCSE's which isn't really fair.My wrist is hurting so I would carry on but I'm tired :P