Rant

Theme Park bloke

Not sure what it's like for everyone else but over the last few months peoples standard of driving and general manners behind the wheel has tumbled big time.....

- Nobody indicates anymore, so frustrating sitting there at a roundabout not knowing whether someones going to suddenly turn off.

- People don't even look anymore before joining a roundabout, had someone nearly strike the front of my car the other day and all I get is the middle finger!

- People not using the correct lane on a roundabout, I've had so many near misses and again people react like you've made the mistake :mellow::glare:

- Finally is it too much for someone to put their hand up and acknowledge me if I've pulled in and let all of them through...just plain rude!

It's our own capital city and we can't even be served by our own nationality - it's a sign of these desperate times, and has been like it for years!

The UK has the biggest amount of foreigners in this 'country' than any in the world. London is the most diverse and multicultural city out there, so of course there are going to be foreigners working in places like Starbucks and McDonald's.

I don't know anyone who would want to work in McDonald's. There are jobs out there that none of our own nationality would do because they'd be embarrassed and are picky that they think it's beneath them. There are people who come in from other countries who have families to take care of and they aren't proud and have no problem doing those jobs.

The reason why there are so many foreigners is because of immigration laws and our government letting so many people in. And only in the last few years have the government finally realised it. Places like Australia don't have this problem as they only let people in, who have something to contribute to the economy and to their society, rather than letting people in, who are only going to leech of them and add nothing of value.

We have so many people coming to this country because things are easier here. They can claim benefits and it's a lot easier than in their own country. Employers would rather hire migrant workers to do a job and pay them less money than hire some of their own nationality.

Cont. I'm not surprised but I am surprised that you are about this.

Edited by Will

At the same time we also off refuge for people who are in danger in their own country. So we can't complain massively when we essentially can be saving a fair few lives. There's just a negative image that the medias created that every single one is a scrounger whereas some come here and work hard, never take any benefits etc. You also have theres a proportion that can't get a job because of their asylum status so they have to take benefits. It's a hard topic to discuss and it's not as black and white as the media makes it seem. The factors involved in it are massive. Australia is unlikely to let some in whos life is in danger unless they can prove they would have a positive contribution in the country which is fair in some ways, unfair in others. The media portray it as we let too many in etc when I know plenty of people who have come from other countries and have jobs, they have skills that we can use. Hell I know more white people scrounging off benefits than others. It all depends on how you look at it.

Christ, I would hate to see your reaction living in it. Next time your in London, go to the Elephant and Castle area. Then complain,

Oh, believe me, what I write here is just the tip of the iceberg about London, but I'm really not gonna go down that route!

Lol and wtf at ranting about not being served by a British person. I'm sorry but that is a ridiculously old-fashioned, conservative thing to say. As others have said, what do you expect in such a diverse city and in this day and age??

Someone who can understand what I order or buy without screwing it up! Not exactly too much to ask.

I say it's worth censoring.

Oh come now. It comes across as astoundingly narrow minded but with such ignorance its hardly offensive. My favourite bit of the 'rant' is the claim that it has been 'like it for years' but is simultaneously a 'sign of these desperate times' (a rather cryptic statement which I can only assume means something to do with economic downturn and rise in unemployment). Surely it can't be both of these things!

Mia, I know many people who work their arses off too. If anything I respect them.

So in light of that, despite what I said yesterday, I do realise it sounds hypocritical. Some foreigners come to this country and do a good job, others not so well. My main rant is that it's London that you seem to find the majority.

Unbelievable. It astounds me that someone could live in the 21st century and have such prehistoric viewpoints.

How are they prehistoric?

Oh come now. It comes across as astoundingly narrow minded but with such ignorance its hardly offensive. My favourite bit of the 'rant' is the claim that it has been 'like it for years' but is simultaneously a 'sign of these desperate times' (a rather cryptic statement which I can only assume means something to do with economic downturn and rise in unemployment). Surely it can't be both of these things!

OK, you got me there, I've read it back and realised it didn't add up, and edited it now.

Anyway, time to end this now before it spirals outs of control. I've said what I think and I won't apologise for my views, even if you don't agree. Anyone can PM me to discuss further if they wish.

RideAddict... me being mixed raced, father English and mother Sri Lankan - and having lived in east London for all my life I find your 'views' to be very outdated and something my mother had to put up with in the 70's. Thick views from even thicker people.

Please tell me - could it be the fault that your own beautiful motherland went around 90% of the world raping and taking resources - with brutal force and no care that it's high time this so called ''Great'' Britain starts to give back to the world?
The problems you seem to point out stem from your own ancestors. So, instead of being just a xenophobic little human why not open your mind and think the world belongs to us - as a human race. There should be no differences on skin colour, sexuality, gender, age but a pulling together a united world. Its views like yours that make me not want to live anywhere outside London as I find generally racist jealous, lazy Englishmen outside London.

We as a nation are slowly trying to get rid of the bloody, horrible past by allowing migrant workers live in a better society - only because it's generally the ''Great'' British Empire that caused the worlds problems.

If you don't like to be served by another colour I think you should go find yourself a nice little pit and congress with the EDL and BNP and have yourself a little tea party. Only thing is, because the 'white man' is too proud to do small jobs - you'll have a hard time getting anyone to make a cuppa tea. Still. Enjoy yourself.

RideAddict... me being mixed raced, father English and mother Sri Lankan - and having lived in east London for all my life I find your 'views' to be very outdated and something my mother had to put up with in the 70's. Thick views from even thicker people.

Please tell me - could it be the fault that your own beautiful motherland went around 90% of the world raping and taking recourses - with brutal force and no care that it's high time this so called ''Great'' Britain starts to give back to the world?

The problems you seem to point out stem from your own ancestors. So, instead of being just a xenophobic little human why not open your mind and think the world belongs to us - as a human race. There should be no differences on skin colour, sexuality, gender, age but a pulling together a united world. Its views like yours that make me not want to live anywhere outside London as I find generally racist jealous, lazy Englishmen outside London.

We as a nation are slowly trying to get rid of the bloody, horrible past by allowing migrant workers live in a better society - only because it's generally the ''Great'' British Empire that caused the worlds problems.

If you don't like to be served by another colour I think you should go find yourself a nice little pit and congress with the EDL and BNP and have yourself a little tea party. Only thing is, because the 'white man' is too proud to do small jobs - you'll have a hard time getting anyone to make a cuppa tea. Still. Enjoy yourself.

The award for Best Post of the Year 2013 goes to coaster_monkey

I agree with everything you said, it's not the 1950-1980's anymore, times have moved on and whilst there are a few people, who feel the way this man does, he will be left in the past whilst we move forward to the future.

I don't know anyone (of any age) who remotely feels this negative way about race and people's ethnicity apart from a former member, who was banned ages ago.

It's best to leave these people be and let them drown in their own ignorance and simple/narrow/close-minded ways.

Please tell me - could it be the fault that your own beautiful motherland went around 90% of the world raping and taking resources - with brutal force and no care that it's high time this so called ''Great'' Britain starts to give back to the world?

Firstly, if my views are outdated then you're clearly oblivious to the fact that that a lot of the country has outdated views!

Secondly, did I mention being served by another colour? No. Just foreigners such as the Poles, Slovakians, Russians etc that have plagued this country. If I want to start on about the Indians and Afghans that live over here, that's a completely different kettle of fish.

What is Great about Britain today? Not a lot. In a recession that we claim to have come in and out of and never have done, and with our credit rating recently lowered, we really are doing crap in this country.

My views and mine, I make no apology for them and people can think what they want - but look around. The person next to you on that train sipping his frothy coffee is probably like me, and there's a whole nation of them out there.

I don't wish to censor you Rideaddict so I am choosing not to delete your posts. However I severely disapprove of your racist and biggoted attitudes to other races. The United Kingdom is an algamation of the various countries that have invaded and ruled us over the centuries (the Romans, the Danes, the Germans) so by referring to parts of Europe as the 'plague' you're essentially insulting yourself and everyone you know.

The two Polish girls at my work are lovely and very good workers... Indeed, when speaking about the Polish lifestyle, they all seem very hard workers and come over to the UK because we offer better prospects in certain ways comparitively to their own country...

Tarring everyone with the same brush is not right in any state...