Rant

Theme Park bloke

Just gonna point out that calling Polish people 'the Poles' is considered racist.

Americans - yanks

There, I said it. Racist? What crap!

The list could go on forever.

I don't wish to censor you Rideaddict so I am choosing not to delete your posts. However I severely disapprove of your racist and biggoted attitudes to other races. The United Kingdom is an algamation of the various countries that have invaded and ruled us over the centuries (the Romans, the Danes, the Germans) so by referring to parts of Europe as the 'plague' you're essentially insulting yourself and everyone you know.

Firstly Mark, thankyou for not deleting my posts. Secondly, if you disapprove of my racist attitude, then you continue to disagree. But in relation to that and what I have emboldened above, yes I am insulting myself and everyone I know. But we're in the minority here, just because we're not saying it, doesn't mean we're not thinking it. There are most likely many people here who have racist views too, although they're not letting them be known.

I said the other day that I will stop this rant now to avoid it escalating. Now I definitely am, and if anyone wants to take it further and discuss it privately in a PM, then please do. But I refuse to apologise for my views, even if some are old-fashioned and different than others, and I also refused to be singled out. Just because I'm the only one saying what I think here, it doesn't mean I'm the only one thinking it.

Americans - yanks

There, I said it. Racist? What crap!

The list could go on forever.

Firstly Mark, thankyou for not deleting my posts. Secondly, if you disapprove of my racist attitude, then you continue to disagree. But in relation to that and what I have emboldened above, yes I am insulting myself and everyone I know. But we're in the minority here, just because we're not saying it, doesn't mean we're not thinking it. There are most likely many people here who have racist views too, although they're not letting them be known.

I said the other day that I will stop this rant now to avoid it escalating. Now I definitely am, and if anyone wants to take it further and discuss it privately in a PM, then please do. But I refuse to apologise for my views, even if some are old-fashioned and different than others, and I also refused to be singled out. Just because I'm the only one saying what I think here, it doesn't mean I'm the only one thinking it.

For Gods sake, I went down one road and was literally the only non multi cultural one there. Do you see me ranting and raving about it. You views are just plain racist and old. Get over it already.

Also if you want people to 'take it to PM' then I don't know stop damn replying. Just argh. Go away!

But we're in the minority here, just because we're not saying it, doesn't mean we're not thinking it. There are most likely many people here who have racist views too, although they're not letting them be known.

No, this is what racist people say to make themselves feel better, or normal.

Amazingly, nothing like this goes through my mind whatsoever. Because I don't give a **** where you're from, what colour you are, what gender you are or who you fancy, because I'm not a complete moron.

I have an idea... why doesn't EVERYONE just drop this and move on? No one can change what has been said, so just accept that is has been said (you don't have to agree with it) and move on. Judging by the amount of posts people have made essentially telling RideAddict he is wrong, it's obviously falling onto deaf ears. Quit feeding the troll and move on...

On another note, essay writing is a bore, but it's super stressful when one essay is worth 100% of your unit grade and you can't even submit a first draft. If first year has caused me to stress I dread to think what second year is going to bring!

Whoa! Well that was certainly fun to read. I'm not surprised by a lot of peoples comments on here - we are quite frankly moving on from the 50's and it's only the uneducated and jealous that will always feel butt hurt that johnny foreigner lives next to them.
At the same time, I applaud Ride_Addict for being so genuinely honest. As long as he knows that his opinions will never get him as far as he likes in life and I feel sorry for that. It's not his fault he's been brainwashed to think this way, it's years and years of that thought process being brought onto him.

But incase it looks like I'm feeding the troll...

I only work 12 days a month (lucky, I know) yet - travelling into London costs me 280£ a month!!! Where does this money go towards? Also... when are we going to scrap 'Sunday services'? In this day and age a lot of people work on a Sunday - why is it that train drivers, who get 35K+ a year, feel it necessary to start late on a Sunday? I don't mind if they earn a lot of money, **** happens - don't like it get a better paying job - but surely if you do earn this amount you have to be able to afford to make sacrifices?

I'd ask you to watch a programme called The Railway. They target their engineering works at times like Sunday and Bank holidays because they are statistically the quietest days on our networks and the only times where major engineering work can occur. The show really opened my eyes to the stresses our ancient rail system is put under.

Part of me wants to go you try living in the north. Your "Sunday service" is better than our week day service most of the time. As it is they can only work 7 hours from the last service on Saturday to the next one in the morning so it is impressive with what they get done. They definitely have some cool pieces of kit like machines that can take up old sleepers and lay down new ones. As Mark said I'd definitely recommend watching The Railways documentary. It is also nice to know that when your train is late someone is getting fined for it somewhere (either the train operating company or Network Rail).

I'd ask you to watch a programme called The Railway. They target their engineering works at times like Sunday and Bank holidays because they are statistically the quietest days on our networks and the only times where major engineering work can occur. The show really opened my eyes to the stresses our ancient rail system is put under.

I never saw any of this series. I wish I had, and unfortunately I've missed the chance to even catch up on iPlayer! :angry: But I don't need a documentary to see the stresses our ancient rail system is under. I can be within central London within an hour by train, and take a number of routes. Along most of these routes the state is clear to see (and feel the rattles if you're on an older train). Delays, posters, and general station maintenance are key factors in showing how bad it really is.

I never saw any of this series. I wish I had, and unfortunately I've missed the chance to even catch up on iPlayer! :angry: But I don't need a documentary to see the stresses our ancient rail system is under. I can be within central London within an hour by train, and take a number of routes. Along most of these routes the state is clear to see (and feel the rattles if you're on an older train). Delays, posters, and general station maintenance are key factors in showing how bad it really is.

Who's fault that our railway system is quite as bad as it is? Must be all those dodgy Polish workers, not the laziness of our own workforce, eh? I'm suprised you're calling British Rail out RideAddict ;) ;)

Tongue firmly in cheek.

Edited by coaster_monkey

Erm......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/search?q=The%20Railway%3A%20Keeping%20Britain%20on%20Track

Erm......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/search?q=The Railway: Keeping Britain on Track

Once again, thanks.

I checked the iPlayer on a computer today and I see that all the episodes are still available to watch until the 26th! I won't be able to watch all of them by then, but as I have RealPlayer installed on the computer I can right-click the video as it is playing and download it as a RealPlayer file and keep it for as long as I like. I'm going to do this with all the episodes.