Saw- Construction Thread

Phill

are the on and off-load platforms on the same stretch of track?

Yes, but whether Thorpe will do a 'X:\No Way Out Loading' and have a wall or a corner between them to make it look like the people on the previous train have died in some gory accident, I don't know.I personally think (although I prefer the new layout) that if the old layout's first MCBR was an Air-Time Hill, and the Overbanked Turn and second set of MCBR stayed, it might have also worked pretty well.

Well Matt we were talking about Dylan until Captain Stupid called me an idiot lols.The Mystery Mine trains are way better than Rages and Speeds. Personally I'd quite like to see something similar to Mystery Mine's but maybe black instead of brown with gory stuffs on them.

I think Speed style custim trains, with a big circular blade on the back *cutting* the back of the train off, if you get my drift

Do you mean like it sticking out? That could work maybe, although when the trains were to go into storage, may get in the way - but I sure do like your thinking.But I also like the rectangular look of the Mystery Mine cars. Has anyone else noticed that some Gerstlauer Eurofighters have safety belts as well as the harness, and some without?I'm personally not bothered about what we end up with. But I think the ones without the seatbelt look better.

Sticking out from the back, so the end of the train is the circular blade, almost as if it's *chasing* the riders from behind

Haha, that'd be cool. I wouldn't mind that to be honest. Come to think of it, a Tomb Blaster style themed train would be cool. Except instead of a lantern and spade on the back, a saw and stuff.Whether that'd work or not is a different story.Going by the plans, the layout for the queueline doesn't look that bad to be honest, it's near the water so that'd keep me occupied. I'm also a fan of the entrance to the main ride area, I mean like between the Immelman Loop and the ride entrance. As you go underneith the immelman. That should be good, seeing a eurofighter car come hurtling towards you only to rocket up the Immelman loop. Oh I am excited.

Sticking out from the back, so the end of the train is the circular blade, almost as if it's *chasing* the riders from behind

Just for the record, a 'circular blade' is called a buzzsaw, which probably encourages the possibility of the ride being called that. It seems that Thorpe might actually go with this name, as some of the themeing in places sush as the lift motor etc. is a buzzsaw, so the name 'Buzzsaw' might still be on the cards. I hope not, its too obvious in my eyes.

Personally, I think the age restriction is a load of bull.

He's a newbie and I think he's right.

2) I agree with james and tpdan it looks messed up but will turn out brillantly

All coasters turn out messy! Colossus and N:I are both entangled when looking at them from all angles! I've been riding Nemmie 4 years this month and it's only recently I've got to learn the track route off by heart!

I have a feeling Thorpe are going to use the trench for more 'surprise' themeing; possibly a few saws and such

Either track or queueline? Hmm, maybe people may get scared and trapped in the queueline here, and bottle it?!

OK....Thorpe's planning to build 3 more coasters around the new areas to the right of Stealth (over the years to come). And they will infill land to the left of Lost City.

I assume you mean the land to the right of Stealth as you wait to launch? Three more coasters?! :mellow: Baby, this is good! And although it's a shame they'll have to use the land to the left of the Lost City, what goes there shall be interesting! Access to there should be interesting.

My theory, is that Thorpe commissioned B&M to design a flyer but to draw up multiple layouts for different areas. The one everyone has seen was the layout for Canada Creek.

I am under the same impression. For months I thought we were getting a flyer too, but we have been let down. Don't get me wrong, Dylan is looking hot and I can't wait for it, but a flyer in Thorpe somewhere must surely be one of the three coasters they plan to build?

Has anyone else noticed that some Gerstlauer Eurofighters have safety belts as well as the harness, and some without?

Crikey, more safety than Stealth!

It seems that Thorpe might actually go with this name, as some of the themeing in places sush as the lift motor etc. is a buzzsaw, so the name 'Buzzsaw' might still be on the cards.

You must be having a laugh? Buzzsaw is a great name for it. And who cares if the name is Obvious?I am really excited about this. I can't believe they have got the track completed already! What is Thorpe's record for getting a track up? Less than a month?

Buzzsaw would be an okay name, but I think that something a bit more enigmatic name, with lots of mystery around it would be better. However, I would like some sort of cloak between the offload and the onload, like with Tomb Blaster but a better longer. It wuld really create a good atmosphere and add to the feeling everyone had jut been massacred on the ride...

I am really excited about this. I can't believe they have got the track completed already! What is Thorpe's record for getting a track up? Less than a month?

Gerstlauer & an external engineering company are putting up the ride, not Thorpe. Basically what you mean is did B&M & Intamin take as long as Gerstlauer to put their track up?

It took Thorpe 24 days from the first date of track arrival to the track completion.

No... It took Gerstlauer and the external engineering company that time, not Thorpe.

Errr... don't you think we can't count or something?Anyway, I have looked at Mystery Mine more and more, and I am starting to feel this ride will be better. Although I've never been on it, this ride looks much better. Let's hope for the same amount of hang time. Also, with hidden surprises in store, I'd say the theming, although not as glamorous, may be just as good too.

Anyway, I have looked at Mystery Mine more and more, and I am starting to feel this ride will be better.

I agree that Project Dylan is definitely included in the extreme breed of Euro-Fighter and will probably be 'up there' with names like Speed, Rage, Mystery Mine. As far as I can see, there is only one well-themed Eurofighter - Mystery Mine, and this coaster is, as JoshC.4 said, looking likely to overcome Mystery Mine in concepts of themeing.Btw, does anyone think that this coaster may have some holographic-type themeing in its dark section like on the second lift-hill of Mystery Mine, (when the lightning strikes the windmill and in turn seems to fall on your head while your going up the lift).