Saw- Construction Thread

Phill

And in this pic you can see a Gerstlauer immelmann.

Yup, Gerstlauer Immelman Turns do indeed invert, the Immelman was completed today, and Samurai was closed for a few hours while they bolted the last two pieces into place, when the Immelman was completed it was easy to see that it does invert. When I left they started work on the Dive Loop.Doesn't the fact that the Immelman Turn is an inversion mean that the coaster does indeed have 4 inversions, not 3?

The Staff Social is a Preview event on the 11th October, the real first viewing of the mazes by staff, and a selected 3 guests of their choice, however you cannot ask someone to tag along with. And with the JLP offer, you had to buy tickets before and cannot use Annual Passes.

I really hope it doesn't have an age restriction, ok I'm over 15, but still it will probs block off the newer adrenaline junkies from the park in that area. The Ride looks brilliant atm, and the restriction because of a bit of theming is a bit poor in my opinion. Also, why would the park build it if one of the big pullers, families and their "younger" children (by younger I mean 12+) aren't allowed to ride. Perhaps it's a good idea to bring to Fright Nights :mellow:

According to recent construction:All that's left is:Dive loop Immelmann turn, then I assume that it will be:Station being built Themeing for station, for coaster and landscapingTestingFinishing touches

So at this rate it looks likely that it'll be complete by Christmas, with a few tests starting then? Once the track is finished and the operating system installed in the station, do they need to connect all the electrics? I understand all the electric foundations are ready.

Immelmanns change between manufacturers, but in general James is right.

Are you sure? They all look the same, I've seen enough coasters made by different manufacturers.
What the...? - can someone explain?

Id rather there's be no windmill than one which doesnt move

Agreed. Why the hell isn't it going to move? What's the point. Rattlesnake's rusty one does.Also, concrete rings aren't as expensive as they look. Click here for a page on all of the different sizes that are available. Look at the weights - to those cranes, it's not much, but to forklift them is so much more risky.

Because when George was born, he fell out of a tree and hit his head of all of the branches on the way down. A lil' piece of advice George, you're doing really well @ TPM, keep up the good work :mellow:---------------------------Thorpe Park have planes that fly over and they might think a windmill may interefere with their systems. Idk, why don't you ask Thorpe Park?Sebastian is sitting on the immelmann track because he's allowed to. Ask CWoA!

It was a track walk in 2007 at Hocus Pocus.

I hope you were looking out for on-coming cars! lolIn my opinion, a 15+ age restriction would be brilliant for the queues, but from TPs point of view, its bad because all they wanna do is make the money. Thats why they have fast-track. I mean, I was queueing for Samurai, and I was like "oh, this should only be a 30mins queue". It turned out to be 1 hour because half of the people were bloody fast-trackers!!!

In my opinion, a 15+ age restriction would be brilliant for the queues, but from TPs point of view, its bad because all they wanna do is make the money.

No-one at Thorpe really cares what you think to be honest... And I think your just being selfish, agreeing to let only people who are old enough go on a ride that everyone in the park has paid to go on.And no, Thorpe don't just want to make money, they have other priorities aswell. (Don't be awkward and ask me to name any, I'm lazy)

I hope that they don't put a 15+ restriction on the ride.Firstly, how could they enforce it? It would mean that Thorpe would have to have someone at the entrance of the ride all the time to ask if eveyone is over 15. Then that would create trouble for people trying to get into the queue. Same goes for fastrack.Also, what happens if someone looks under 15 but isn't? Imagine the choas caused there. Same for the other way round.This would mean that on all advertsing they would have to state claerly 'Over 15s only'. I was over 1.4m when I was 10. I'm now 14. That would mean that for me personally I would have had to wait 5 years before I was old enough to ride a roller coaster, even though I could have riden it safely 5 years ago. That would be stupid!If Thorpe do want to make a 15+ restriction for theming, they should make 2 queues. One with a 15+ theming, one with an suitable for all. However, that would mean queing times would vary and then everything would get complicated and more staff would be required. It just wouldn't be worth it.Personally, I say no 15+ restriction. However, at the entrance, have a sign saying 'The theming of this ride could be scary / shocking / disturbing to some younger riders. You've been warned...' That would make everyone happy.

Personally, I think the age restriction is a load of bull. Someone probably just made it up and spread it around. And anyway it wouldn't make any sense having an age restriction if its violent or scary because if so why don't horror/dark rides have them? Did wicked witch's haunt have one? I'm pretty sure that would've been more scary than a portion of a roller coaster.

Personally, I think the age restriction is a load of bull. Someone probably just made it up and spread it around. And anyway it wouldn't make any sense having an age restriction if its violent or scary because if so why don't horror/dark rides have them? Did wicked witch's haunt have one? I'm pretty sure that would've been more scary than a portion of a roller coaster.

Your right, and it is a load of crap people really need to stop spreading around.. Not going to happen guys.