Saw- Construction Thread

Phill

You really think so? I think that if Samurai got re-themed (rumoured... apparently), Buzzsaw would suit Samurai more, as it is remotely circular, and if Thorpe gave Samurai a black coat of paint, put a silver, metallic serated effect on the Samurai pods to make it look like a buzzsaw when it is in operation, that would be great - much better than the out-of-place turquoise and red that it is now.

I know what you mean, but Samurai has always seemed to be poking into Cananda Creek, and with the opening of the new coaster, Samurai is actually cut off from the rest of the Lost City, some a re-theme into Canada Creek wouldn't be a totally pointless investment, as it would look really out of place with a Log-Flume one side and a dis-used Sawmill themed coaster on the other.

Woah! it IS tight, its gonna feel really good though!And whoever said, "Errr... don't you think we can't count or something?" is an idiot! Not only because the sentence doesnt make sense, but to give someone a sarcastic question for being excited is ridiculous! :)(I dont mean to cause no beefige by the way)An-y-way, lets talk about Dylan again, sorry about my little rant.

jesus loves you xx

I like men. Does he still love me?-------It looks great now the track is complete but I was under the impression originally that it would actually properly be going into the Loggers Leap area and over the channel stuff. Well whatever still looks good, and now something to watch from the Loggers queue. Hooray. And yes I'm also hoping for theming to be the same standard as Mystery Mine but I want the station to have heavier theming. Gore much.

DO you think they will have a pre show room, highlighting the story before you ride it, Hocus Pocus style? it can be really good imo, with a suddenchange of theming, blood on the walls etc, saws coming from the roof, interesting no?

That would be cool, telling the story of the haunted sawmill.

Lawrence Wells (who has a very reliable source of information) is from TPG, and someone from THORPE PARK's Behind the Loops Competition, told him that Samurai would be sent back to Mondial in Holland at the end of the season, to be re-furbished aswell as re-themed into Canada Creek. It is likely that it will be given a new name, and there is speculation of it operating on a faster setting when it comes back. Although no-one has confirmed this due to the Top-Scan being a fair-ground ride and so was not manufactured for constant everyday use. I really hope that Mondial are able to tweak the systems and controls of Samurai to make it withstand the wear-and-tear of everyday use on a faster cycle.*fingers crossed... again*

I can't wait for the themeing! :)I think it would be really cool, if they built like half a saw mill on the lift hill, so you start the descent in darkness and exit into the daylight and into the drop! :DBut then again it would already have been in the plans :(They did the enclosed lift and drop with mystery mine :) and it looks good.