Phantasialand

Cringle

Chiapas is so much fun, and has an acceptable amount of wetness allowing some re-rideability...

Hopefully once the new Mystery area work is done they'll tear out Night Hawk because it's so awful...

Their dragon mascots and the changes made to the entrance since my last visit in 08 are fantastic... Such a good park :wub:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi guys :) 

Little post to tell you that a lot of sources ( screamscape today for example ) are talking about a Launched Intamin coaster ( It seems to be a mix of Th13teen and Cheetah hunt ) for the 2016 new ride. 
I'm really looking forward to it, Phantasialand is near where I live, and I know that they will don't disappoint us and make a very impressive new ride :)

Sounds good, if by like 13 we are talking vertical drop? A launched rather than lift hill coaster with the drop section makes more sense anyway, it always seems laborious creeping up the lift hill only to lose all that energy immediately by dropping vertically immediately afterwards. Reaching that drop after a launched section should flow much better.

Here is the logo trademarked to Phantasialand.

013638961.jpgSource: https://register.dpma.de/DPMAregister/marke/markeFullImageHABM?AKZ=013638961

Looking very Wodan-esque.

Plus according to screamscape this is what their source said about the layout... Obviously do read into it too much yet...

Our source says that the layout they saw had the coaster leave the station and go through a short dark-ride style indoor section before hitting a launch track and going outside and into a figure-8 style element labeled the "Panorama Curve", which is said to look a lot like the elevated figure-8 element on Cheetah Hunt. From here the train will drop into a series of S-curves before entering a building for another dark ride section that looked to include a 10-meter free-fall drop track element, much like Thirteen. Leaving here, the train appeared to load into a tilt-track style element, much like the one on Escape from Gringotts, dropping the train down and into a second launch track, into an Immelman style inversion, a series of overbanked curves, an into either a corkscrew or zero-g-roll inversion before sliding back into the station one again. 

Our source also described the trains as looking quite a bit like Skyrush at Hersheypark, seating 4 across with the outer two seats hanging out over the edge of the track. The trains wont be very long however, featuring just 2 cars per train, and each car only having 2 rows, for a total of 16 riders per train.

Yeah I would bet on premier they are quite quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with, full throttle although it has a really pointless backwards launch, is really well liked by the gp and enthusiasts as is rides such as sky scream and superman escape at SFDK. But I'd be over the moon with intamin and B&M as well :)

I can tell you right now those aren't B&M. B&M use a box type track connector which relies on either a flat based rim without a flange or a thinned out support at the top for the track to roll off (and decreases potential of cracking, I believe?)

BMtrackconnectors.png

Also they never extend the vertical or angular support poles past the connector, and just flatten it off. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a mack, due to the fact that intamins new generation track is being far more commonly used, and macks support system is very similar to this (look at helix WIP pics)