Phantasialand

Cringle

Chiapas looks great! That last drop is ridiculous. You must fly into that final splash!

Have you guys heard phantasias next ride plan?

They want to build a gigantic B&M flyer. In. The. Middle. Of. The. Park.

Where is the space coming from?!

If this is happening, then the removal of Silver Mine (the old dark ride of looooong) will go a long way into creating the space...

I think with Chiapas, I expected more dark ride stuff... As fab as the disco cave is, it really wasn't what I was expecting to see... But nothing hurt for a ride to have a very light-hearted take on matters, especially given the park's themes being rather dark (and Talocan already existing in the Mexican area)...

I look forward to returning to the park this year, especially with Maus au Chocolat on the menu too...

I love a bit of backwards, but on top of that I think it is a bit of necessity in the design for the footprint they've built it on. They wouldn't be able to actually squeeze in a corner, it's the only way of getting the boat travelling where it needs to!

Chiapas looks great! That last drop is ridiculous. You must fly into that final splash!

Have you guys heard phantasias next ride plan?

They want to build a gigantic B&M flyer. In. The. Middle. Of. The. Park.

Where is the space coming from?!

If this is happening, then the removal of Silver Mine (the old dark ride of looooong) will go a long way into creating the space...

The initial plans from the flyer began in 2005/6, and actuall incorporated the african tower of black mamba. To be honest the designer must have been insane, because it would have taken up all the mine train space, or where Chiapas currently is. However, I also reckon that the flyer plans could have been an initial design for Black Mamba, or could be following through now. In the picture, I see a small crystal like tower with a pretzel loop coming out of the side of it. Seeing as it's a while since PHL has had a proper rollercoaster, maybe they'll be developing one now, knowing their history to take time on things (but that is of course accepted as they have huge, amazing extensive theming).

• 4 months later...

Never been to this park but would like to, it looks very detailed and well themed despite not being very big. Still has some nice attractions by the looks of things though.

Was just having a look at videos of talocan and it honestly looks amazing, the theming is excellent and the water and the fire effects are brilliant. It is of a really high standard like the rest of the rides in the park, wish merlin could have this standard of quality!

Edited by pluk
merged with existing topic