Random

Phill

Please stand clear; the gates are about to close. Your ride on Colossus is about to begin!Please keep your arms inside the train, your feet on the floor and brave yourselves at all times.Once again, Your ride on Colossus is about to begin.Please keep your arms inside the train, your feet on the floor and brave yourselves at all times.Colossus: The Power of 10!!! :)

It's only since yesturday that I've actually really started thinking about and looking forward to the start of the theme parks' open seasons. Not too long now! :) So many new things to see as well, SAW ALIVE and more excitingly Wild Asia, but I'm really going to make the effort to go to Alton Towers at least once to not only ride Thirteen, but to also ride Air, Oblivion, Nemesis, Rita, Sonic Spinball, Ripsaw, The Blade and Submission, all of which I've never ridden before.Also, if I have the chance, I'd love to re-visit Port Aventura, after absolutely falling in love with the park after my first sunny visit two years ago.

I'm not really that excited this year for some reason. I'm going Alton on open day but I just feel so cold toward Thirteen, it doesn't interest me at all so the thought of that 2 hour plus queue is filling me with so much dread.Now.. Runaway Mine Train and Nemesis, that is the ultimate combo.

Also, if I have the chance, I'd love to re-visit Port Aventura, after absolutely falling in love with the park after my first sunny visit two years ago.

Ahhhh, Port Aventura! What a wonderful gem. It beat all my expectations of it and I had a fantastic day there whilst visiting Barcelona. Although I didn't ride many of the thrill rides I had a great time, the theming is great and the atmosphere is nothing like what you get in this country, definitely worth a visit.

I'm not really that excited this year for some reason. I'm going Alton on open day but I just feel so cold toward Thirteen, it doesn't interest me at all so the thought of that 2 hour plus queue is filling me with so much dread.Now.. Runaway Mine Train and Nemesis, that is the ultimate combo.

Same really, I'm going to be avoiding SAW Alive like the plague all year and it doesn't look like I'm going to get to Alton at all once again this year. The only things I'm looking forward to riding again are Vampire, Fury, Stealth, Detonator, Rush and Inferno. And seeing people again, of course.

Same really, I'm going to be avoiding SAW Alive like the plague all year and it doesn't look like I'm going to get to Alton at all once again this year. The only things I'm looking forward to riding again are Vampire, Fury, Stealth, Detonator, Rush and Inferno. And seeing people again, of course.

I have to agree on that one, I'm not really looking forward to SAW ALIVE at all. I'm not going to bother queuing for it if the queue time is anything over 30 minutes, which I know it will be. Then again, I know all of my friends will want to go on it so I guess I'll have to.

If you compare the theming quality between Thorpe Park and Chessington, it really is quite a remarkable difference. If you go onto Fotowhizz.com, by each photo in every different area in Chessington, there is a distinct difference in area, and the theming is really quite obvious. Also, each area is incredibly different to the park entrance theming, which, understandably is rather generic. Whereas in the Thorpe Park albums, there really is no immediate difference between any of the areas. And as for the park entrance, I can't see any difference between the entrance / bridge photos and each area photos.

The only reason I'm going on SAW Alive is for the sake of saying I've done it. I have low expectations for the experience of it and will probably do it once or twice and be done with it. Thing is, with Thorpe's horror mazes (I haven't been in horror mazes elsewhere, so don't want to generalize), the actors only pick on the ones who look scared. Like last FN, the actors just tried to scare the person at the front (because that's who they saw first) and then my cousins (who are small, 12 year old girls) and occasionally the one at the back. Because I was just floating somewhere near the front or back and I didn't look scared, none of the actors interacted with me (sorry, one did) which made them extremely boring. I'm just hoping for more re-rides on Inferno and Detonator at the beginning of the day. ;) Wild Asia is something I'm looking forward to. Hopefully, I'll be able to get to Cheesie a couple more times this season as I unfortunately never got the chance to go last year. Thirteen. It's a ride I'm on the fence about. It seems good one minute and bad the next. Nonetheless, I'm going to AT this year. Thinking of going for 3 days, but it'll probably only end up being 2. Haven't been since 2006 and probably won't again for a while. And I'm trying and trying and trying to organise a trip to Flamingo Land. My mum and nan really want to go as well, but it's just getting there that's the problem. I'm just pleading and pleading and pleading, but it is unlikely to happen. However, I'm trying to get my uncle to take me to BPB with him in the summer - if he goes. He goes once a year, but he keeps saying he probably won't go this year because he's short of money. I understand that and all, but I'm still trying to persuade him - it'll probably be to no avail, not oh well, no harm in trying. :)

The only reason I'm going on SAW Alive is for the sake of saying I've done it. I have low expectations for the experience of it and will probably do it once or twice and be done with it. Thing is, with Thorpe's horror mazes (I haven't been in horror mazes elsewhere, so don't want to generalize), the actors only pick on the ones who look scared. Like last FN, the actors just tried to scare the person at the front (because that's who they saw first) and then my cousins (who are small, 12 year old girls) and occasionally the one at the back. Because I was just floating somewhere near the front or back and I didn't look scared, none of the actors interacted with me (sorry, one did) which made them extremely boring. I'm just hoping for more re-rides on Inferno and Detonator at the beginning of the day. :)

I think the benefit Saw Alive will have is that it being an all year round attraction, the actors will get used to the environment and what creates the best scares for the groups in the mazes, where as fright nights it all comes up pretty quickly and dont last very long.

I think the benefit Saw Alive will have is that it being an all year round attraction, the actors will get used to the environment and what creates the best scares for the groups in the mazes, where as fright nights it all comes up pretty quickly and dont last very long.

True. Hopefully it will work out like this, but only time will tell.

A lot of you are saying that SAW Alive will be abosultley booming with guests, thorpe have already released that they believe no significant rise in gate figure will occure. Wether this is true, time will tell.

Well, it really does depend on how much publicity they put behind it. They of course know how much of an advertising campaign they are going to do, and in the end, that is one of the main ways they get gate figures to rise. If they don't advertise it that much, then of course there won't be a significant rise. I still however feel there will be a lot of guest there. In the end, it is new, and the public try to go for new rides first. Then of course you've got the ride itself, which will still be very popular.

A lot of you are saying that SAW Alive will be abosultley booming with guests, thorpe have already released that they believe no significant rise in gate figure will occure. Wether this is true, time will tell.

That dont mean that Saw Alive wont be busy... being the new attraction it will attract much attention and get pretty busy imo.