Random

Phill

Ok my laptop is now 100% broken, it won't give me any other option than safe mode, it can't go 30mins without the blue screen of death, the graphics card has packed up, I can't access the Internet, it won't let me update, it won't let me restore, it's even scrabbling the content on my iPod!

I was told it's a hardware problem rather than software and so it'd be really expensive to fix and that it would have been like it since it was made. That's why we didn't bother and took the leap to Apple. You can get it checked out for free by the Geek Squad though. If it's the same problem you should be able to write to Acer and say that it doesn't meet quality standards and they should replace it under that as it's a legal requirement (and has nothing to do with warranty). That's what we were told to do by the Geek Squad but Dell were so unhelpful we gave up.

I'm not sure about a refund if it's not within the returns period because that quality standards thing, as far as I'm aware, only requires them to provide you with a replacement. If you can get your money back though, a Mac is certainly a good replacement and no matter what people who don't own a Mac say, I've not heard of anyone I know having problems with theirs and certainly haven't with mine. (although I do drive it crazy with all the programs I have open :lol: )