Random

Phill

I actually saw a working windmill today! Obviously I've seen them stationary before (infact lived in the same little road as one, in Charlwood) and seen them turning on TV etc, but never seen it for real, it was one of the Jack and Jill windmills on the South Downs. This might sound sad or geeky or a so-what-who cares-thing, but it was pretty to see and quite cool :DInfact, even though I'm familiar with the South Downs and how breath-taking parts of Surrey and Sussex are, when I'm there I realise how me and probably a lot of British people take our country for granted. There are so many beautiful places, yet all people want to do is travel miles away to hot sandy beaches when we live in such a beautiful country.You may have gathered, I went there today. :D With my mum and my brother, we did some stuff in Crawley then decided to drive to Plumpton to show my brother the college and the beautiful views, and Ditchling Beacon is nearby so we drove up there (passing Jack and Jill on the way), up a very long drive up a very high hill, was absolutely stunning! Parked and walked around, lovely weather, brilliant views.Meh I forgot my camera though but we'll probably go again, this summer is looking to be a good one so we're going to make the most of it and explore the country...well, money and time permitting of course!

^ It is quite nice up there. I was up at J&J last weekend at sunset. Noticed Jack has lost one of its blades!Went up ditchling beacon at about 3am for an event a few weeks ago too. So quiet and peacefull at night up there. Its nice. I live right below Chanctonbury Ring a few hills across, so I probally take that view for granted a bit too much probally!

^ It is quite nice up there. I was up at J&J last weekend at sunset. Noticed Jack has lost one of its blades!Went up ditchling beacon at about 3am for an event a few weeks ago too. So quiet and peacefull at night up there. Its nice. I live right below Chanctonbury Ring a few hills across, so I probally take that view for granted a bit too much probally!

Yeah I noticed that too. The one in Charlwood where I used to live suddenly had no sails last year, I think they're restoring them now though.I'd love to see the South Downs when it's snowing :D

I tried to help a vet catch a bird at work today. The key word here being 'tried'. We failed miserably.We were outsmarted by a wee little chubby bird. :|

Talking of animals... we found a field mouse in our garden last night, no idea how it got over here but it looked pretty shaken so we captured it and took it over to some fields near our house and released him/her in the hedgerow there... fingers crossed its okay! It was a cute little thing.

Talking of animals... we found a field mouse in our garden last night, no idea how it got over here but it looked pretty shaken so we captured it and took it over to some fields near our house and released him/her in the hedgerow there... fingers crossed its okay! It was a cute little thing.

Awwwh! One of our cats bought in a field mouse once and luckily we live near the local 'common' which is basically this grassy area with a small pond at the bottom, which is covered in algae btw, because the area where I live was basically at one point a massive farm. We realeased the little fella and luckily no mice have been back since ;)