Sharkbait Reef - AT Sealife

D4n

Opening 2009 at the Alton Towers Resort is Sharkbait Reef, a new SeaLife centre for Mutiny Bay. It will be themed around pirates and will feature a 10 metre walkthrough tunnel. Below are some images advertising the new attraction...Posted ImagePosted ImageWhat do you think about this new attraction for Alton Towers? The SeaLife centre at Chessington has proved a huge success and a themed one at Alton Towers would hardly be a bad thing in my opinion...

alton and thorpe do alot of similar things... actully, so does thorpe and alton.I guess thats cos alton has a thrill audience and a family audience....

I think you mean Chessignton and Alton. Well I'm not too sure. I really dont like the one at Chessington but if this is to be themed, well we'll see.Also the pictures do look awful

I'm pretty confident this Sealife will be successful. The plans look great and it fits in very well with Mutiny Bay, plus seeing the success of the CWoA one is making me optimistic about this one.I'm looking forward to the Sealife monorail train too, the front of it already looks nice and cute.

Exactly. Calling it Sharkbait Reef is just confusing it more. It could easily be a restaurant, but it ain't.

Well that could be a problem with any ride/resteraunt at any theme park in the world really. (Apart from the parks who end up deciding Roller Coaster is actually a rather good name)This problem can be solved a bit with some good advertising though.

• 1 month later...

Meh I'm not a fan, I love the jingle they use in the adverts but this kid saying Escape to Alton Towers Resort! in as many ways as possible really just makes me want to puke :lol: Suppose it appeals to its target market and I do like the way they have incorporated Battle Galleons into it :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Alton on Saturday and Sharkbait Reef is fantastic. The themeing is top notch and the amount of stuff they have packed into the relatively small site is amazing, it really feels much bigger than it actually is, and can easily take up 30 minutes just walking around. It is seriously the best thing that's been added to Alton in the last few years in my opinion.

Just seen the new Alton Towers advert, pretty much focusing alot on this new sealife. I do think its a bit stupid that they don't advertise their bigger attractions to. They have some amazing, world class rides there and I personally think its a bit stupid their not advertising some of these bigger rides, even if its not meant to be a thrill park as such.

Just seen the new Alton Towers advert, pretty much focusing alot on this new sealife. I do think its a bit stupid that they don't advertise their bigger attractions to. They have some amazing, world class rides there and I personally think its a bit stupid their not advertising some of these bigger rides, even if its not meant to be a thrill park as such.

Why advertise old attractions, people already know they are there. Advertising a new attraction makes the public aware that there is something new to go and visit for. It makes perfect sense.

• 7 months later...

When I went to Alton on half term, I quickly popped into the sharkbait reef. What suprised me the most about it is it has an identical design to Chessington's sealife. So the rooms are the same size, the route is the same, and the tanks are all in the same place. The only difference is a bit of themeing and the fish. So I walked though it quite quickly... Did anyone else notice this??