Nemesis Inferno

themeparkmad

We can dream  -_-

Plenty has been done this year to be fair and the parks looking better than it has in years.

In a perfect world everything would be done, but there will never be an unlimited budget for them kind of things. What has been done is good and I'm sure theres more to come! 

Plenty has been done this year to be fair and the parks looking better than it has in years.

In a perfect world everything would be done, but there will never be an unlimited budget for them kind of things. What has been done is good and I'm sure theres more to come! 

It's funny you say that, because some parks in the world do have unlimited budgets... It's called 'making the product appealing'. Nobody's going to flock somewhere with a refurbished submarine, 1/80th of Colossus repainted, a new stealth sign, when the other 95% of the park still looks terrible! 

I'm not saying do it all at once, but at least concentrate on one area at a time rather than bits and bobs here there and everywhere.

Is that because of the effort put in, or because of our estimations be obscenely low though?

No-one expects everything to be fixed up year on year, but at least on a rotational basis would at least be a start... When was the last time Inferno's volcano got a clean up properly? Hell last time I rode it I recall seeing the remains of a bird it had killed the year before!

Unfortunately, we don't have parks that are pro-active in regards to refurbing rides/areas...

Give fans the chance to paint the rides in the closed season....

'We're looking for wizards willing to spread a little magic over the resort in the off season, come down to Thorpe Park this weekend, bring old clothes and be prepared to get messy while experiencing the operations of our top attractions from a totally different perspective'.

I'm sure if they sold it right they could even get people to pay for the privilege, after all people pay to walk up the hill lift of Swarm.

Perhaps not, I'd expect that to be a H&S nightmare.

You haven't read Disney fansites have you? Or should I link DLP's Mark Twain, Everest's Yeti, etc.

It's when you see them moaning about an upturned carpet corner that you realise that the Florida/Californian sun may have roasted a few too many braincells...

Also, the Starbucks topic will forever go down in infamy <3

Unfortunately Merlin doesn't have disney's budget for maintenance and upkeep [amongst other things] and can't really start repaving pathways, rebuilding facades and queuelines, but at least what they've done so far is a step in the right direction. 

Must admit the park's upkeep has been slightly better the last few years.

In an ideal world, they could spend their money on a park overhaul instead of the "filler" investments we get year upon year which are bound to only last a couple of years from now before a refurbishment/retheme or renewal is required.

2011 would have been an ideal year, 2013 also, even 2014 and 2015 would have been good years to give the park some TLC instead of trying to attract the guests in with a tacky investment which will not make the people want to return. I reckon if the park spent some money on making it look and feel nicer, along with better operations on busy days, then more and more people would want to return opposed to a filler attraction which makes people never look back due to low throughput and last minute decisions.

Storm surge is bound to go soon. Also, both angry birds land AND I'm a celebrity will have to be rethemed or removed within a few years time when they simply aren't popular anymore. The last minute decisions which will only last a few years are so much worse than a stable development plan, which gets an intense amount of care every few years and rides which will actually want to make guests return and will last a long time into the future.

I worry for thorpe park in the future as there will come a time soon when a heavy high amount of their rides will have to be rethemed or even removed all around the same few years. Storm surge, vortex, zodiac, samurai, slammer, IAC, Saw(alive) and Angry Birds land will all have had their time in the near future and this will reuslt in a heavy amount of money having to be spent in the park in a short space of time. If the development plan had been stable in the first place with quality developments and TLC, thorpe would not be in the same situation as they will be in a short period of time.

Storm surge is bound to go soon. Also, both angry birds land AND I'm a celebrity will have to be rethemed or removed within a few years time when they simply aren't popular anymore. The last minute decisions which will only last a few years are so much worse than a stable development plan, which gets an intense amount of care every few years and rides which will actually want to make guests return and will last a long time into the future.

Although so many of us enthusiasts hate the thing due to it's awful position and lack of themeing, I highly doubt it will be leaving any time soon. it's not been showing any signs of having serious mechanical faults and it is fairly popular by the general public. Yes part of the big queues is due to the awful throughput but it is still popular with many guests! 

Although so many of us enthusiasts hate the thing due to it's awful position and lack of themeing, I highly doubt it will be leaving any time soon. it's not been showing any signs of having serious mechanical faults and it is fairly popular by the general public. Yes part of the big queues is due to the awful throughput but it is still popular with many guests!

Squeaking, creaking, leaking, shoe-soaking fun!

What's not to love eh? ^_^