Nemesis Inferno

themeparkmad

This is just a guess, but I think that it isn't actually 'breaking down' more, it is just that the procedures have changed so that all 'issues' are treated as life threatening and fully investigated rather than, what I assume happened in the recent past, of repeated sensor erros just being reset by maintanance. So what would bormally be a 2 minute reset is now a 20-30 minute down time.

Safety over complacency.

• 3 weeks later...

It does still seem to play through the area speakers near detonator. The ones in the Nemesis Inferno queue extension area all seem to pump out the I'm a celebrity theme. I guess they are zoned incorrectly. Also the 2007 (scream heide park) theme has returned to detonator as has the 2007 samurai loading theme.

I've noticed that the main theme hasn't been used on Nemesis Inferno for a while now, they have the dispatch theme but the atmosphere in the queueline used to be so good when they played the main theme instead of random jungle noises.

Hope it's brought back soon as it is a really good piece of music!

Agreed. I noticed it wasn't played much last season either, one day the jungle noises were just playing, but every now and then the theme would cut in but then just stop after like 5 seconds and it went back to the jungle noises.

Also the 2007 (scream heide park) theme has returned to detonator as has the 2007 samurai loading theme.

Meh. The 2007 Samurai loading theme is dull, and the older Detonator theme is a lot better and creates a much better atmosphere to be honest. Wonder why they've done that.

• 1 month later...

Have they put the mist on?  It hasn't been working the past 2 Fridays I have visited :(

On a side note, I have no idea why, but Inferno has managed to cripple my stomach the past 3 times I have ridden it - never happened before and I don't get it on any other coasters - its sort of like a stitch I get on either the left or ride side of my stomach - very strange

Inferno is the only coaster that makes me feel dizzy and sometimes nauseous. I take anti sickness tablets as I suffer quite badly with motion sickness (embarrassing but I forgot to take my second dose one day and actually threw up after riding Quantum!)

I've managed to do Inferno 5 times in a row before but had to stop as I felt so ill and it has made me I'll on one occasion (luckily not whilst on the ride).

I can easily re ride Saw - did it 7 times in a row last Friday evening as well as twice about an hour before

Although I like Inferno, I do prefer the layout of Nemesis. I think I actually prefer Colossus to Inferno (yeah I'm a bit weird) - I do love Infernos music though

Meant to add in my other post - does anyone ever get breathless on roller coasters? Might sound bizarre but it affects me mostly on Inferno and on the rare occasion The Swarm. It is definitely not an anxiety breathless thing - more similar to asthma (which I do have). I don't know if it is to do with the G Forces or what but there are certain parts of Inferno where I hold my breath. This has only been recent thing so not sure if it is normal? I love coasters and rides but after visiting parks it takes me at least a day to recover - that could be my age and the fact that I am unfit but I do wonder if G forces can be bad for your health? That might sound like a really stupid question but biology isn't my strongest point

Sometimes, it depends, it's usually the fifth or sixth run that I start to get dizzy/breathless, but then I'm sure 20 years of smoking didn't helped me. I used to hold my breath at the top of drops but don't bother now.

G-forces are bad for the body whichever way you look at it, I always find I get a headache if it sit on the right side of the Swarm but don't if I sit on the left, a friend (he's a doctor) says the centrifugal force is higher on the right side because the right turns are tighter than if you were on the left, and to drink water before going to the park, g induced headaches are the bodies way of telling you it's dehydrated.

Dunno if that would apply to breathlessness though, maybe that's just a women thing, my wife comes off the rides panting like a horse too :lol:

Dunno if that would apply to breathlessness though, maybe that's just a women thing, my wife comes off the rides panting like a horse too :lol:

Oh God that made me laugh!

Do agree with the water thing - I usually drink coffee when I'm at parks because of the caffeine but have recently been drinking more water which definitely makes a difference. I've got to the point where I always take headache tablets with me just in case.

I am a smoker which I know won't help with the breathlessness issue plus I have asthma as well - quitting is in the horizon

Interesting how the g forces affect the body - as for the Swarm - I prefer the left hand side but tend to these days sit on the right as it is the side my niece prefers. I've had one or two occasions where I've felt a wee bit faint. Usually the breathlessness on Inferno is gone by the time it hits the break run but maybe one day I will come off of it panting like a horse!

• 2 weeks later...

So as anyone who has me on social media might be aware, I did a Coaster Climb on Inferno this Monday.  Weather was rather rainy, but thought I'd share a few more photos from it...

11902508_10207508703338768_4393217370803

Mr Monkey looking all small and cute.

11953146_10207508708618900_2801086943016

TREES AT THORPE PARK?  UNHEARD OF.

11898610_10207508710578949_8358352393616

Overview-y.

11953106_10207508716259091_2194441068681

A longing gaze into the distance, showing the terrible rain clouds </3

11888113_10207508741739728_3434540658599

The view you'll get on Onferni - opening in 2018. ;)

11960085_10207508726779354_4147224258630

Nemesis Inferno Coaster Climb is JoshC. approved.

Whilst Inferno doesn't quite offer the same marvellous views as Swarm, or give as good an experience as climbing up Colossus, it gives some nice views of the park as a whole.  The freedom of not having a harness on you is pretty nice too.  Bit of a shame that the heavens opened and the wind blew strong more or less as soon as we started to climb; would've been nice to spend a bit more time up there without getting tormented by the elements.  But hey, I was by a tropical volcano, harsh weather has to be expected! ;)

Would definitely recommend it, or indeed any Coaster Climb experience, to anyone who has tried one out yet! 

• 2 weeks later...

I rode it about half 4 and it wasn't working... I love how inconsistent it is :(

It seems very consistent whenever I'm there, more so than other rides like the Swarm.

I think every so often (maybe every hour) it stops for a few minutes and then comes back on. I remember once when I right next to the vent effect on the Volcano and it suddenly stopped, but by the time I was on the ride it was on. Could explain why it wasn't on when you rode it?