Oakwood

Aarron P

I have to say when I first saw the log flume development I was concerned that theming wouldn't be added but I'm glad to have been proven wrong.

947262_380658388716586_571456307_n.jpg

The skull looks great and I'm sure this whole area will once finished.

931283_380704262045332_1374761859_n.jpg

Themed entrance to the inside section. As long as they cover up the rest of the shed and that gap in the skull it will look great.

946323_380725365376555_2031938422_n.jpg

Theming within the dark ride section (hopefully animatronic)

All photos from the Developers Diary

Overall I think this is a great investment for quite a small park and is making great use of a previous mediocre log flume as it was at Camelot. Oakwood is definitely one theme park in Britain I have yet to visit and really want too.

P.S. Sorry EC for posting these pictures, I know its your thing but I was just too excited about the development :P

One thing I find really frustrating with Oakwood is their lack of urgency, even in summer holidays. Speed was on one car for most of the day last year (bear in mind that means 8 people every two minutes or so) and megafobia on one. Actually when was the last time they used the green train on that?

I went during the summer last year - one train megafobia and 2 cars speed on their busiest day. But tbf, 2 cars speed was perfect, the queue was 20mins.

Megafobia would be lovely to have 2 trains on though, that queue took an hour.

Theme is announced...

OAKWOOD REVEALS MAGICAL THEME OF NEW £4M ATTRACTION

After months of secrecy, Oakwood Theme Park has finally revealed the name of its new £4m family-themed attraction which is set to open later this month.

The new area which occupies over three acres in total – the equivalent of 14 Olympic swimming pools - will be called ‘Neverland’ and is themed around the world-famous ‘Peter Pan’ story by author J M Barrie.

Among the new rides are ‘Skull Rock’ pirate log flume, complete with 12-metre-tall sculpted skull, the ‘Lost Boys Adventure’, ‘Neverland Chase’, ‘Tink’s Flying School’, ‘Crocodile Coaster’, ‘Jolly Roger’ mini galleon. ‘Hook’s House of Havoc’ soft play and the ‘Sights of London’ taxi ride featuring Big Ben, the Tower of London and Nelson’s Column.

There is also ‘Journey to Neverland’ an interactive walkthrough area which takes visitors in to the Darling family home and above the streets of London before arriving in ‘Neverland’ itself.

Other areas are themed as London parks and there is also a kids’ ‘Aerodrome’ ride as well as food and retail outlets.

Oakwood Theme Park’s Dominic Jones said: “It’s been tough to keep the name and theme of the new area secret for so long but we really wanted it to be a surprise.

“What better inspiration for a theme park could there be than Peter Pan - ‘the boy who would not grow up’?

“We’re on track to be able to open ‘Neverland’ to visitors later this month and we can’t wait to see their reactions. This is by far the biggest investment at Oakwood in recent times and it will completely transform and add significantly to the visitor experience.

“We have been fortunate to work with the top theming companies and designers in Europe and everyone here is delighted with the results of all their hard work,” he added.

So far looks like a decent investment for the park too... Although the posted concept art is a bit... Wrong :P

944512_381800441935714_1499271751_n.jpg

Supposedly according to ITV News Neverland at Oakwood is the first in a year development program to make oakwood one of the UK's premier attractions so repeated investment for the next 4 years as this is the first year and hopefully this will mean a huge flat ride or rollercoaster soon touch wood.

Maybe but it's still on that sell site so I think it will be a new coaster, I wanna spinner, or an invert at least a SLC, b&m even better although I highly doubt it, it will most likely be an intamin or a GCI or a gerstlauer because they have dealt with the park in the past GCI with replacement wood and stuff for Megafobia and it is the company that spun out of CCI. But if its to be any coaster maker it will be those company's. .......and huss for flat rides most likely as Bounce is a huss.

If Oakwood plan to purchase a second hand coaster, I strongly hope it's Knightmare which will then be heavilly themed [like the recent Never land area].

However if they are intending on building a new coaster, I hope it's either a B&M coaster or another woodie [although both ideas may be doubtful somewhat].

I would guess these future developments are not much more than outline plans at the moment and will be highly dependant on the success of Neverland and the revenue that will bring.

If they get this right and it works out well for the park financially it could be the start of big things, and do far it looks promising to me. As someone who hasn't been before if they got themselves another headline act (preferably big and B&M shaped) to sit alongside Megafobia they could be a real must do destination.

I don't think a B&M would suit the park at this stage yet to be honest, and finacially I doubt it's worth the risk.

A Gerstlauer would suit the park well and be cheap, though a Mack would go well as well I think (though I'm not too sure on the costs of that?)

I would guess these future developments are not much more than outline plans at the moment and will be highly dependant on the success of Neverland and the revenue that will bring.

If they get this right and it works out well for the park financially it could be the start of big things, and do far it looks promising to me. As someone who hasn't been before if they got themselves another headline act (preferably big and B&M shaped) to sit alongside Megafobia they could be a real must do destination.

On the ITV new broadcast it said that it had more customers come to the park on a band holiday weekend then ever before on a bank holiday weekend so it seems people are attracted to the fact new investment is going on and just to say Neverland is meant open on Whitsun which is May 19th and yes mark I'd love an intamin or mack whatever that might be :)

All of the Neverland attraction either have a 0.8m restriction or 1.00m restriction so the young kids can still enjoy the day and they have the mini area circus land where u have to be 1.00m or less to ride and they have been having good spikes of popularity recently as every existing ride has been refurbished as well as the new attractions. Plus Peter Pan is a royalty free character and theme, and this will really attract families. Great Ormond street hospital started using Peter Pan themed area back in 2007 and it has benefitted massively from it. I know it's a hospital but a Peter Pan theme will bring money into the park, and the park don't have to pay for water either knowing our weather :D

That explains it then. (Obviously because royalty free means minimal costs).

Is it just me who thinks that the Neverland theme was a last minute decision?

It seemed to be advertised as a pirate log flume with no hints of any other theme to it, then suddenly Peter Pan appears out of nowhere?