Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Here's an e-mail I've just recieved from The Merlin Annual Pass Team

Following a power failure on the afternoon of Tuesday August 25, Chessington and Zoo, will be closed for maintenance for one day only - Wednesday 26th August.The Park would like to apologise unreservedly to Merlin Annual Passholders who were planning a visit on this day. We'll be re-opening on Thursday 27th August, and hope to see you then. Apologies again,The Merlin Annual Pass Team

I've just been looking up rail fares for my Chessington run. Off-peak (when I go) it costs me £8.55 return. I've never really looked into a young persons rail card before, but I've worked it out and they certainly are good value. I worked out that to travel to Chessington, with a rail card, my fare would only be £5.70 for a return. (Obviously with the added £26 for a rail card). Now, I live 35 miles away, you can't argue with those prices!

Ah actually it may be, the Chessington wesbite would probably state Beanoland had now closed, I may be thinking of the Ice Age 3 temporary attraction which definately did close on the 31st of August.

You are right James.It probably would have to be posted on the website.Not just that the area is closed, but for Ultimate Express Pass ticket information. Billy's Whizzer and Rodger the Dodgers Dodgems are on there!The 2010 season is going to be very interesting indeed! :(

That does ring a bell.I'm gonna miss Beanoland, I like it's scenary/theming, like the tree house, the fountain and the general look of the place. The buildings are really well themed although I do definately think it's the right time to retheme it and I think the plans for it next year are brilliant and I can't wait :(

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion