Park Map

barley142007

Wow.. what a retarded map. And I speak as someone who really liked the cartoonish map from the last two seasons.Thats just bloody awful.Edit:- Ok,. slight opinion change, the rides look awful but I love some of the little people around the park such as the alien by Inferno and the kick me sign guy near Rush.

Edited by Mark9

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really disgusted t this map, I think it is portraying a really poor image of the park. I'm sorry but since when should theme park maps have all this crap in? I am really annoyed about this, it seems the website was only the beginning....I genuinely am mystified at how they thought that this would be a good design to have on the map. :P

The rides are awful. All the flat rides are worse than previous years, with tiny, weirdly angled representations. The rollercoasters are stupidly overexaggerated, such as Stealth and Saw. Colossus and Nemesis Inferno just look like a horrible clash of wiggly lines, especially with an enormous hole in Nemesis' volcanoe. The billions of chavs around actually take the mickey out of Thorpe Park's marketing team. If somebody saw this they would definitely be put off. If however, a steriotypical chav saw this they would definitely want to go, so I guess that is their main target audience unfortunately.The mooning/farting/vomiting/urinating characters look like an utter joke to sanity, and many bits are simply inappropriate such as the couple having sex by Rumba Rapids. The Saw rides look ridiculous with blood shooting everywhere like some sort of happy-do-dah human abattoir attraction. And I am sure that nobody is going to be able to actually find their way around with it.On the plus side, it looks better than previous years.:P

After looking at it again, I noticed that they even included the ride consoles on Rush and Zodiac! You know what would have been brilliant? Having a guest in a Zodiac car with a bucket :P :PI like the map, but then again it's not as important to me as it would be to a new-comer to the park.I think it's fun!The things that people are seeing as negative are hilarious to me :D Like how bizarre Samurai looks - and what happened to Inferno's track?! LOL!And there's an old man who looks like Professor Burp/Dr Chessington being chased outside XNWO!EDIT: XNWO is ORANGE and blue - is this just another crazy thing on the map or have they repainted it? Would be good if they had! Also Zodiac has its old colours! But then again SAW's restraints are blue...so maybe it's just for the map and no re-painting has happened to X or Zod...

^No repainting for those rides as far as I know.I too hate the map. The rides look awful and negotiating around the park will be hard for first timers. It just looks horrific.On a plus note, I like how they've got the Vicar of Thorpe still Christening Stealth - obviously they're planning on bad luck this season. :P

^No repainting for those rides as far as I know.I too hate the map. The rides look awful and negotiating around the park will be hard for first timers. It just looks horrific.

I'd say thorpe is the only park where the map is slightly pointless... afterall you can just look up and see the ride you want...

I think they have forgotten the objective and general idea of a Map. It's for navigational purposes.This map is totally out of proportion, there's too much going on, it's not accurate. I mean just look at where the BBQ is!They need to take a look at their 2004 Map, that was the best one since the Thrill Seekers Modernisation.People who know me well, will know that I am in two minds about Thorpe, and I have been for a good few seasons now. There's just some absolutely hysterical and embarrasing stuff they do, such as this map, but then sometimes, just sometimes, they get it right, like our new Shark.Sort it out Thorpe!Worst Map you lot have ever released, you should be ashamed! :P