SAW: The Ride

Mark9

Umm, Saw is an awesome ride... I find Colossus is the ride that hurts me the most...

The only problem with Saw is that its got a bit of a jolt at the bottom of the big drop :/ But other than that its amazing especially in the front!  :D

Yesterday it had to close for cleaning because someone threw up on the stairs exit, So that sucked a bit especially  for us as we were the next people on D:

SAW was broken down almost all day on Wednesday, not that I particularly minded tbh, its probably my least favourite coaster there. That's not to say its all bad, the theming is great and the inside section is awesome... its just rough and unreliable and tbh the outside section and the main drop are slightly underwhelming. I swear it was a lot better when it first opened. I find it to be more painful than Colossus, though perhaps that's because Colossus has more going on and is tbh overall better IMO and it distracts you from the pain :P

Either way- NOT impressed with an all day break down!

• 2 weeks later...

Well by theory it goes from the first floor to the ground, so estimating the height of the building at about 60foot? (feel free to correct me) I'd say the drop is about 30-40 foot (about 10 meters). But the extremely steep drop and the use of the close up theming and strobes makes it seem so much more intense

At about 2:00 today SAW had to be tested with empty cars. Me and my dad joined the throng of people going in as it reopened. We queued for an hour and a bit and when we were in the indoor section of the queue, the ride had technical difficulties. We had to wait for 15 minutes. Apparently one car was broken and they had to identify which one it was. When we went on it the hammer affect was not working, and some of the lights were on, so I could see the indoor drop. It was also the first time the body squirted water at us.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the trench isn't that deep, but it still adds to it. That drop is actually the ONLY good thing about that ride.

Those pictures remind me of when there was hope for that ride, and excitement of what they were planning for the indoor section (a whole load of missed opportunity as it turned out.)

Did you know that one of the first cars to test, actually stalled after that drop and sat covered n the trench, covered in green tarp for ages!