SAW: The Ride

Mark9

• 2 months later...

A park where this sort of ride works. Thorpe should never have got saw as it is. The low throughput just isnt what the park needed. The woodie or even just another steel coaster would be far better, instead of the disappointment of the short, painful unreliable peice of junk we have now.

And by far the parks most successful ride to date... (And I'm not a huge saw fan!)

I know Saws pretty much universally hated among enthusiasts - theres no denying its was exactly what the park needed at that point in time. 

I hate it too, Mark, although I completely agree with you that it's exactly what they needed!

A park where this sort of ride works. Thorpe should never have got saw as it is. The low throughput just isnt what the park needed. The woodie or even just another steel coaster would be far better, instead of the disappointment of the short, painful unreliable peice of junk we have now.

It's not even that short, compared to Swarm and Stealth at least. Plus I don't know what the throughput is exactly, but whenever I've queued for it, I thought it went down at a reasonable pace! Might just be me though...

That version actually looks better than Saw! I wonder how it rides considering that Saw is the most uncomfortable Eurofighter that I've been on. Swap it with Krake already, or atleast a clone of the beast at Hansa, which has more scare, more atmosphere, more everything infact.. Apart from constant jolts and an IP (win win).

I guess cos I'm small, I've never had several rough circuits on saw. Infact I've only had one rough circuit ever, and that was last day of season.

That's the same with Colossus, only ever had one tremendously painful circuit, normally can bare it.

Even Rita I don't find too bad.

The smiler killed me though. I don't like the smilers roughness.

I don't know why, but Saw to me feels like its has the fastest moving queue in the park. Whenever you move, you move on hell of a lot.

The queue can go relatively quickly if you join it at the right time. I've been stuck well into the extended queue with a breakdown or two everytime I have queued for SAW bar two instances and that was only this year! Maybe I'm just unlucky.