SAW: The Ride

Mark9

Ahh thats alright then ;) Anyone know why they keep you from walking straight into the warehouse in the morning when it has just opened??

Because there are loads of people this time of year getting into it and the queue would just overload so they make you go all the way round so more space is taken. when all the schools are back they will allow you in the short way

I have been on it 53 times now and that hasnt happened once!!

And how have you done that many rides?

ok.has anyone noticed that the car area has now been taped off???

The car area has always been taped off. At first, there was just chains. It was then replaced by the Police tape for a better effect. Sometime though, they have had to use it for make shift queue line.There will be no more actors now, the TP website stated they would be there throughout the Easter Weekend and that is it. They will return in the summer on soem sort of selected days.

The car area has always been taped off. At first, there was just chains. It was then replaced by the Police tape for a better effect. Sometime though, they have had to use it for make shift queue line.There will be no more actors now, the TP website stated they would be there throughout the Easter Weekend and that is it. They will return in the summer on soem sort of selected days.

I have not been on SAW yet so I have a question. Do the actors add to the atmosphere or do they just get annoying? I know 3 people who have been there this weekend and 2 of them think the actors were great but the other said they were just annoying.Thanks

I have not been on SAW yet so I have a question. Do the actors add to the atmosphere or do they just get annoying? I know 3 people who have been there this weekend and 2 of them think the actors were great but the other said they were just annoying.Thanks

I haven't seen the actors but I think the best thing to do really is just to join the queue line with a completely open mind. Then you won't be disappointed, annoyed or anything else, just able to make your own decision on what the experience was like and how it did or didn't add to the atmosphere.

I haven't seen the actors but I think the best thing to do really is just to join the queue line with a completely open mind. Then you won't be disappointed, annoyed or anything else, just able to make your own decision on what the experience was like and how it did or didn't add to the atmosphere.

like me-I havnt seen the Saw films but was expecting scares when I heard the release of the SAW theming.I went on the AP day and I thought it was not that good even the ride(at the back).but then later on there were actors,in the que line and out an it was slightly better but there are rooms for improvements-dont expect much or you will think its not that good.

The actors in the plaza, stilt walkers / angel grinders, etc., are good, different yet have nothing to do with SAW. However, not much you can do there really.On AP day, there were two actors. One was in Jigsaw's 'favourite' trap, The Rack, which is similar to a crucifix. The other was masked and 'torturing' them. They also came and rattled the fences with some sort of stick. Every so often (between 5 - 10 minutes I think), the person being tortured will pretend to die, the masked person will carry them under the stairs and they will switch roles.In the summer and at FN, there will be more actors, oustide. I've been told they will climb the fences with 'barbed wire' at the top, could possibly be in some outdoor traps and will be doing various other things. There may also be a very different twist in store for unsuspecting guests...

like me-I havnt seen the Saw films but was expecting scares when I heard the release of the SAW theming.I went on the AP day and I thought it was not that good even the ride(at the back).but then later on there were actors,in the que line and out an it was slightly better but there are rooms for improvements-dont expect much or you will think its not that good.

The actors in the plaza, stilt walkers / angel grinders, etc., are good, different yet have nothing to do with SAW. However, not much you can do there really.On AP day, there were two actors. One was in Jigsaw's 'favourite' trap, The Rack, which is similar to a crucifix. The other was masked and 'torturing' them. They also came and rattled the fences with some sort of stick. Every so often (between 5 - 10 minutes I think), the person being tortured will pretend to die, the masked person will carry them under the stairs and they will switch roles.In the summer and at FN, there will be more actors, oustide. I've been told they will climb the fences with 'barbed wire' at the top, could possibly be in some outdoor traps and will be doing various other things. There may also be a very different twist in store for unsuspecting guests...

Thanks for that! I will get down to Thorpe soon to see the ride but I will have to get there when the actors are there as wellThanks! ;)

Is it better at the front or the back??

Personally I find both rows just as good, maybe I prefer the back. (This is what I’ve picked up from my 9 rides on SAW) The front seats do give you little jerks under the head chopper and also one just before going vertical on the Immelmann loop. After that the car does make a bit of a rattle noise till you reach the Banked curve. None of this it hardly noticeable when you are travelling at 55mph, btw please can we all stop complaining. Anyway yes the front row does offer a more open view which means more wind blasting in your face and knowing what’s coming at you. Ok to the back seats now which is much smoother. And both drops on the ride are brill as you get a more intense drag and pop of air and comes as a nice surprise as you cannot really see the drop and the blades and everything else on the ride until it happens, like not knowing when you’re at the top of the main hill and the sudden shock dropping off the MCBR with another weightless part of the ride then entering the Dive loop whipping you more around on the back row. (but the stupid new brake fin makes it less effective now slowing down the ending of the ride). Surprisingly you do still get a lot of wind rushing around you during the ride. So for me I prefer the back.This is just my view ;).

Quite shocking.. no actors in the queue line today.Went on saw for my first time (2 times) today and it was amazing, loved it! It was so smooth and very unexpected things happen! Saw was open for the morning, and stealth was shut, Saw closed due to technical difuculties and they opened Stealth, issued everyone Exit passes to use and then opend Saw again after everyone had used their exit passes on stealth - Alot of complaining was probably done.Great day and a great coaster!

Hey, I'm going Thorpe Park tomorrow...Just a few quick questions ;)Where abouts is the queue entrance for Saw?we are turning up to the entrance gates of Thorpe park, early. about 8.45 =/... not out of choice! because we have too, so we can get a lift xDso because we are turning up that early, is it worth us running to Saw straight away?and anybody that went today, what were the queue times?Thank you

If your there that early, then yes. Go straight for SAW, and you'll probably manage a few other short queues after that. Queues today wouldn't have been as bad as the weekend, but all the schools are still off; so during the peak times of the day, queue times may well be past 2 hours, and on SAW especially you could expect more.;)

Today SAW was solidly 180 minutes and apparently reached the hefty heights off 250 minutes (not hugely longer than the Nemesis Inferno and Colossus ques though)It was either round past the Colossus entrance or ran parallel to the fastrack booth and went round behind it , was gob-smacking how big it was today!EDIT: also , didn't realise that the on-ride DVD's were on sale already. was very close to buying one as they did look brilliant.

Yeh exactly - Crossbows ^^It may be syringe-shooting crossbows but it still is a crossbow :P

*Copies and pastes stuff from Rob's post*

'They are crossbows which have syringes attached as arrows, So both parties were correct'

Did you fail to see that last bit? ;). Both parties had reasons to believe they were crossbows or syringes, and both were partly right and partly wrong. Now can we PLEASE move on from this, this arguments gotten rather boring. All this fuss about something on the brake run which really is always going to do the same amazingly exciting thing, blow air at you.