SAW: The Ride

Mark9

A little disappointed with yesterdays ride, I think my expectations were too high. When Saw finally opened, we decided to join the 90min queue since they'd closed Fastrack, said it was "too unreliable".. even though it was running without problems after it'd opened (til close I think?). The queue line did not add to my experience, neither did the annoying bunch of girls screaming for no reason at all inside the building.The ride was fun, but the only amazing part was the first drop, the rest just seemed average. Sorry to be a critical cow, maybe I was just having a bad day :)

I agree as well. I had really high expectations about the queueliine (because it was said to interact with guests more and create a more intense ride experience), but it didn't. Ok, the traps are quite good, but the rest of the queue is nothing special. I was expecting to be wowed, but it didn't happen.But the ride itself is pretty awesome.

along with a dodgy billy voiceover :)

The fact it is a didgy Billy impression is noticable thorugh the entire queue; Tobin Bell's voice is really needed to make the ride better.

A little disappointed with yesterdays ride, I think my expectations were too high. When Saw finally opened, we decided to join the 90min queue since they'd closed Fastrack, said it was "too unreliable".. even though it was running without problems after it'd opened (til close I think?). The queue line did not add to my experience, neither did the annoying bunch of girls screaming for no reason at all inside the building.The ride was fun, but the only amazing part was the first drop, the rest just seemed average. Sorry to be a critical cow, maybe I was just having a bad day :P

Firstly, I think every had made high expectations. I'm preety sure most people had that little voice in the back of their heads saying 'That's not as good as I thought it would / could have been'.As to the queue line experience, something to note. I'm preety sure none of the actors were in the queue line, probably only a member of staff at the top of the first flight of stairs(?) The queue line works best when you get the gunshots near the entrance of the station, hear the full dialouge and there's actors inside and maybe out. The gunshot basically comes down to luck. As for actors, they will only appear in the queue line during summer and FN (and maybe one or two during Easter). Therefore, the queue line probably didn't add to the experience because of no actors and not hearing the full tele dialouge due to the screaming girls.The queue line does add to the experience, but only when you are there at the right time I guess...

The fact it is a didgy Billy impression is noticable thorugh the entire queue; Tobin Bell's voice is really needed to make the ride better.

I agree. Billy's voice has been slowed down, and it doesn't sound right. However, I don't think Lionsgate would have Tobin do the voices, since they would have to pay him more than what your average voice over artist would want/be paid.

I must be one of the lucky ones. I've ridden Saw around 20 (ish) times now, admittadely most of which were on the Annual Pass day, but I have never seen any of the effects not working :)But.. having ridden it enough times to make a decision, I think saw is average in terms of a rollercoaster. The theming inside the building (although apparently unreliable) is, in my opinion easilly the best at Thorpe Park and probably in the country. However, what lets it down is the fact that it hurts so much. The logistics of this would be completely out of the question, but they should re-lay the track where there are the gigantic gaps that bash your head. (particularly at the bottom of the main drop- seriously, watch closely at the people inside a train as it goes over this area. There heads all violently bang to one side.) For me, the pain that is caused at this point kind of ruins the whole experience.Also, I think the coaster would have been a lot better if it had been a vertical drop. As the first drop shows, they are much much more forceful than the 100 degree drop that Saw offers! Again though, this cannot be changed!Oh, and I'd love to get stuck on the lift hill.

The swinging blades were working yesterday - I think everything was. I'm still amazed by the first drop :) even though I knew it was there, it still managed to force all of my organs into my mouth! I was genuinely scared.. :P Indeed, there were no actors whatsoever, and one staff on the fastrack stairs.I'd also like to add that I didn't notice the jolt at the bottom of the second drop, nor did I bang my head much at all. Compared to Colossus.. well, let's just say Colossus made my cartliage piercing bleed! Ugh.

This head banging that everyone's experiencing is probably because the ride has a 100 degree drop! I can't compare to other Eurofighters as I've never been on any, but I've heard they're smooth, but the 100 degree drop probably results to the head banging due to the way is leaves.I think if Thorpe had planned it to be SAW from the beginning (Nov 2007), then the ride layout would be different, and perhaps even the ride. What I mean is that there might have been a bigger indoor section, more chances to miss theming, etc. Also, in an ideal world for me, it would have been a Diving Machine. Imagine being dangled at the top of that drop seeing the headchopper effect for a few seconds... Of course, I guess that comes down to money.

Kk - so they'll open it regardless of weather them blades are workin?

Yes, someone on here said if 25% of the themeing is not working the ride will be closed and the themeing will be fixed it is part of the contract. But if it's just the blades then it should be open.