SAW: The Ride

Mark9

Got on Saw 2 times today, first time on the ride as well. The first ride was at the start of the day but something was wrong as not even test cars were going around until about 10:15 ish. The ride was amazing at the front and I didn't expect such a sudden drop inside with the blades and spikes. The more than verticle drop was pretty breathtaking as well.At the the end of the day, the ride was a mess to say the least. The frequent breakdowns caused what should of been a 1 hour queue into a 2 hour queue. The ride experience was sucky at the back but it made me realise that the first car to leave misses some important effects like Billy's explanation at the start of ride and the full video before the lift. The whole surprise of a drop is ruined in the second car though as you can hear the screams and see the car go under you after the second drop. I really wish the second row was higher than the first. It makes it difficult to see the effects and just makes the axes scenery instead of something truely terrifying. It also feels much less forceful compared to the front and feels like the waste of 2 hours queue time. I think boarding row 3 is the best because of this.I wonder if anyone from Lionsgate has been on the back row and seen how bad it is compared to the front. Really doesn't make their franchise very scary with what look like medicore blades from further back.

When you are at the back (which I was for the first time) yes you can't really see the blades but you can see the spikes and the first drop meets you by suprise at the back, and its less rough.So I still think that Row 3 is the best row but I wouldnt be very upset it I was put in two or four.

I don't think it is - there are worse. And this "world's scariest rollercoaster" business that Thorpe are advertising Saw is so over-hyped.

I completely agree. Ok, it has scary elements. But is it really the scariest ride in the world? I don't think so.

If you seriously thought SAW was going to be the world's scariest coaster, then you must have brain damage...

I never thought it was gonna be scary at all. From the minute I saw the artwork (on the "coming 2009" poster ads), and from when the tower was put in place at the end of September last year, I knew it wouldn't be scary - before it was all themed!Whoever Saw scares, they're mad, because it's not scary at all.

I'm sure Helen Castle would be more than satisifed reading all of this ( if you don't understand that never mind)Saw really has had far too many breakdowns, doesn't seem as if a days gone past yet when it hasn't broken down and by this time you really would hope it would start to settle in lets say.

Thorpe will be working hard with Gerstlauer to get Saw running both reliably and to full capacity. The rides still pretty new to the park and the staff. Once the main teething problems are out the way, and the park get more and more used to the ride I'm sure we will see a huge difference in the rides reliability and queue times.

I don't think it is - there are worse. And this "world's scariest rollercoaster" business that Thorpe are advertising Saw is so over-hyped.

Well what are Thorpe going to say?...'Worlds Scariest Rollercoaster!'or..'This ride isn't the scariest in the world, but we like to think it is pretty scary even if it isn't!'I think for Thorpe it's a rather clear choice. They're going to want to advertise their new ride. And anyway, for people dissapointed, well compare Saw's theming and ride effects compared to Thorpe's other rides? I think people were carried away and expected way too much tbh. So yeah, Well done Thorpe Park and Lionsgate!

was anyone a bit disspointed by the ride, yeh sure I would have been scarced by the shotguns if you couldn't see it happening to people infront, better to have it just round the corner.also don't you think they could have use old CRT's rather than flatscreens to add to the atmosphere.I wish they would give me a grand and 1 day or night at SAW and I could boost the scary themeing soo much, more blood, more bloody hand prints (like in the wheel chair lift) and I'd make the police car look soooo much better.

What I hope they do is place an actor inside the police car during Fright Nights. That way when people are looking in the car there is an actor "dead" over the steering wheel but all of a sudden they come to life and bang on the window making people jump. I think during Fright Nights there is so much that can be done with this ride. So fingers crossed for some scary things to come.