SAW: The Ride

Mark9

Next time could you please put spoilers in, because my friend who is with me is going on it on thursday for the first time, and he didnt want to know what was inside and you kinda just ruined his experience.Also does anyone know why there were only 4 cars yesterday?

This IS the SAW spoiler topic, right? And there were 6 cars on yesterday I think

Nevertheless, we are all forgetting that this is the SAW: The Ride topic. Here we are free to talk about SAW: The Ride. It's up to anyone if they want to use spoilers or not, even if it is a Spoiler topic. Let's all just stop talking about spoilers, and start talking about SAW. :P.

I'm still yet to ride it but to be honest I must have read nearly all the spoilers and I don't mind.I still have a Priority Pass from the opening day and apparently the Fastrack for it is not being used so will they still be accepting PP's through the Fastrack entrance?

Yes. There were a couple of weeks ago.

I'm still yet to ride it but to be honest I must have read nearly all the spoilers and I don't mind.I still have a Priority Pass from the opening day and apparently the Fastrack for it is not being used so will they still be accepting PP's through the Fastrack entrance?

Yep, they do accept them, but from what I remeber on mine it said it only lasts untill the 4th April.Go straight through the Fastrack enterance.

Yeah when my mates went a few weeks ago there werent any, so I wonder if it was just for opening day and weekend?

Actors will be in the queue line at their best (thorughout the entire queue in and outside) at summer and FN. There may also be some sort of acting presence inside during Easter and Bank Holidays.

Did anybody notice how much Saw was squeaking yesterday??

Honestly, I find the squeaking adds to the ride. When going to the ride area, seeing the spinning blades and hearing the car squeak as it goes down just scares people to death.

I had 3 rides today, avoiding the 60-90 minute queue and queuing less than 10 minutes each time... all thanks to the SRQ. Very handy indeed! Kudos to the friendly chap at the end of the SRQ - very chatty/helpful!Today was my first ride on SAW, and I'm very impressed. The station is fantastic, I love the countdown clocks! Jigsaw on the plasmas below the lift hill is good! Is the Jigsaw in the dark section on a bike supposed to ride towards you? Because he wasn't moving today. The "dead body" didn't look like a dead body at all - don't know what was going on there!I'd love to see what SAW looks like in a few years time, when it's got some more established plants etc around it a la Nemesis Inferno. The skyline from the Slammer queue looks really different with SAW too!The ride broke down a couple of times today - one time when we were in the batching area - and all was rectified in about 10 mins. The main lights came on, the cars went round the track and it was sorted! SAW was running 4 trains today, and there were signs up mentioning this and warning people to expect longer queue times... maybe they're trying to break it in gently?! 4 trains won't be good enough come Easter.... 3 hour queues anyone?!And yes - that first drop - you don't expect it at all!! A couple of the cars were squeaking today too, but as said before - it kinda adds to it! The spinning blades look amazing!

Honestly, I find the squeaking adds to the ride. When going to the ride area, seeing the spinning blades and hearing the car squeak as it goes down just scares people to death.

I noticed that too. It does'nt seem to slow the car down though, which is good news. It must be cars they have'nt had running on the track as much as the others.Oh yeah, Alfonso doing the SRQ was brilliant, he knew what exactly to do.

Why are most people calling 'Billy' 'Jigsaw'? The doll thing on the bike & on the screens is actually called Billy, not Jigsaw. Jigsaw's head is the one in the scales on the stairs on the way out.. But yeah, the doll is called Billy.

Sorry... I've never actually watched the SAW films! I heard other people refer to him by that name so assumed it was correct!

Sorry... I've never actually watched the SAW films! I heard other people refer to him by that name so assumed it was correct!

It wasn't just to you, a lot of people make that mistake! :Pmaster iskander (If thats how you spell your name sorry!) I saw you :P We were just like :P & then it suddenly started again, did it shock you? I actually did want to get stuck though - I know that sounds silly, but it would have been cool! Loads of people were taking your picture, were you on the side closest to samurai because who ever that was was waving at people near me :P.

I always refer to Billy as Jigsaw and I have seen the films, I just find it easier and more people understand me.

But why, if he's Billy NOT Jigsaw! Anyway back on topic - is it true that the reason SAW:the ride has had so much downtime is because the track has to be a exact temperature and there has to be the right windspeed?

In a completely different SAW related note - I thought the guy at the unload station looked familiar today... it was BBQChris! :P On my 3rd ride, some Irish chaps were making a lot of noise to Chris about Billy talking to them specifically if I recall correctly... they seemed to be having a good time anyway! :P

The ride has tech issues yes and until further notice to reflect these issues the ride will be operating a six car service, this I think gives the ride a similar throughput as vortex and detonator e.c.t. So as mentioned SAW the ride will have a longer queue than normal. These are my own thoughts and are not those of the park.