Closed Rides

Ash

This is funny, as their isnt as of yet any equipment to 'hoover' the water out of the boats the staff need to tip the boats, and the boats are FAR too heavy to do it every 30 minutes its a major risk to take to lift these boats as it could strain a number of different muscles in the process.

This is funny, as their isnt as of yet any equipment to 'hoover' the water out of the boats the staff need to tip the boats, and the boats are FAR too heavy to do it every 30 minutes its a major risk to take to lift these boats as it could strain a number of different muscles in the process.

Agree there ricky , the maximum weight limit in health and safety rules is manual lift max of 25kg and with two people 40kg and anything over that is mechanical lift like a fork lift . And most people can lift 30 kg .The drainage systems they do a one way valve that goes in to these types of boats and there on £10 each just a case of putting a circular hole pushing In and tightening up . Simples Those hoovers are as good as a chocolate teapot take ages to bail out water It must be quite annoying keep lifting boats all the time I would hate to be working there and here people moaning , me included .

Checked the Thorpe website. Three attractions still down. Granted two of them aren't on my must do list! Last time I was going to go, Samurai was still down. Thats been Three times, I was planning a trip and now not going to bother until LC12 construction gets interesting.

I'm visiting on Tuesday & according to the Thorpe website the only attraction that is down now is Saw Alive, at least Slammer is back up as I thought it could have been one of those times where it's down for like 2-3 weeks. We all thought Slammer was having a good year last year until it had that long turn of downtime near the end of the season... :)

Yes it is true that S&S have stopped production of the Sky Swat >>INFO HERE<<, I think it's a shame because I find it a really unique flat ride and to know that there wont be anymore ever built and Slammer probably won't last THAT long is quite annoying. It is my favourite flat at Thorpe too and I think the one at SFNE has had a similar amount of problems as Slammer. Anyone else notice the white bands around the main booms this year? Wonder what they mean? :)

Yes it is true that S&S have stopped production of the Sky Swat >>INFO HERE<<, I think it's a shame because I find it a really unique flat ride and to know that there wont be anymore ever built and Slammer probably won't last THAT long is quite annoying. It is my favourite flat at Thorpe too and I think the one at SFNE has had a similar amount of problems as Slammer. Anyone else notice the white bands around the main booms this year? Wonder what they mean? :)

I think the one in America has had a load more problems than Slammer ever has, I dont think it will go any time soon personally, theyve spent alot of time on the ride and to be fair it does run pretty well now, last year it ran for most of the year pretty well apart from obviously the long bit of downtime towards the end of the year, but I dont beleave that was a reliability problem as such?

Ahh, it's at Six Flags New England nowadays...But S&S have stopped production of them apparently... Which if true, can't help the two existing ones much now can it?

Yeah, I think it's been there since about 06/07.Luke, you must be the first person I've seen who has slammer as their favourite at Thorpe. Personally I just find it painful, add the awful capacity and huge downtime and I really think TP need to just get rid of it!Dave

I wouldn't call it my favourite but it is high up on my list of overall favourite rides. So can see why someone may call it their favourite. I love the feeling of falling. I wouldn't call it unreliable anymore either, it has had only a few days down this year and last year apart from the month towards the end of the year when it was waiting for parts it ran well for the whole season. I love the feeling of falling.

Luke, you must be the first person I've seen who has slammer as their favourite at Thorpe. Personally I just find it painful, add the awful capacity and huge downtime and I really think TP need to just get rid of it!

I know a couple of people who quite enjoy.I just find it a bit boring really. Blood rushing to my head isn't the greatest feeling either..